How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired - Wireless

This is a discussion on How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired - Wireless ; I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second router that connects to the internet. My wireless PC talks to the second router, ...

  1. How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

    I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
    are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second router
    that connects to the internet.

    My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to the
    second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.

    But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How do
    I get them to see each other?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "renouart" wrote in message
    >I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
    > are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second
    > router
    > that connects to the internet.
    >
    > My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to
    > the
    > second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.
    >
    > But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How
    > do
    > I get them to see each other?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

    why do you have 2 routers? you really should only be using one.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  4. Re: How to get wireless PC on same newtwork as wired

    wrote:

    >I have 3 computers running XP, one wireless and the others wired. The wired
    >are networked and connected to one router which connects to a second router
    >that connects to the internet.
    >
    >My wireless PC talks to the second router, and I have a printer wired to the
    >second router. The printer is detected by the wireless PC.
    >
    >But the wired network does not detect the wireless PC or its printer. How do
    >I get them to see each other?
    >
    >Thanks for any help.

    Turn off the DHCP server on the first router (the one that does NOT provide
    Internet service), and connect a LAN port on the second router to a LAN port on
    the first router (NOT the WAN port).

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...o-routers.html

    --
    Cheers,