VZWireless USB modem problems - Wireless

This is a discussion on VZWireless USB modem problems - Wireless ; I have Windows XP SP2 and recently connected a Verizon Wireless USB modem to my desktop pc. My pc won't boot if the modem's connected, even after changing the boot sequence and if I plug the modem in once my ...

  1. VZWireless USB modem problems

    I have Windows XP SP2 and recently connected a Verizon Wireless USB modem to
    my desktop pc. My pc won't boot if the modem's connected, even after
    changing the boot sequence and if I plug the modem in once my desktop screen
    comes up, then Windows crashes. It gave me a code of NDIS.SYS, whatever that
    is. So I have to connect the modem as Windows XP is loading. My internet
    connection works fine, I just can't boot with it attached. I've already
    uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software 2 times, to no avail. Also,
    when I doubleclick on VZAccess MGR to launch it, I get 2 computer icons in my
    desktop tray with red x's on them. Since my modem works, I figure it's a
    communication problem with my pc still wanting to recognize the modem as a
    bootable hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions???

  2. Re: VZWireless USB modem problems

    Hi
    I do not think that it is the computer fault, it seems that you are Not
    connected correctly.
    Since there is No information about the Verizon Hardware and how it should
    be used, I suggest that you should call Verizon support.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "nettie" wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP SP2 and recently connected a Verizon Wireless USB modem
    > my desktop pc. My pc won't boot if the modem's connected, even after
    > changing the boot sequence and if I plug the modem in once my desktop
    > screen
    > comes up, then Windows crashes. It gave me a code of NDIS.SYS, whatever
    > that
    > is. So I have to connect the modem as Windows XP is loading. My internet
    > connection works fine, I just can't boot with it attached. I've already
    > uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software 2 times, to no avail.
    > Also,
    > when I doubleclick on VZAccess MGR to launch it, I get 2 computer icons in
    > my
    > desktop tray with red x's on them. Since my modem works, I figure it's a
    > communication problem with my pc still wanting to recognize the modem as a
    > bootable hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions???

  3. RE: VZWireless USB modem problems

    Hi,

    See if you suspect that then, what we can do is get into the bios and select
    USB -> No boot option.

    * this option can come up in differnt place and with differnt name depending
    on the kind on bios you have

    If you find it dificult to trace it let me know the make and model number of
    the pc OR if you happen to know which bios is it.

    Regards

    ~Deo

    "nettie" wrote:

    > I have Windows XP SP2 and recently connected a Verizon Wireless USB modem to
    > my desktop pc. My pc won't boot if the modem's connected, even after
    > changing the boot sequence and if I plug the modem in once my desktop screen
    > comes up, then Windows crashes. It gave me a code of NDIS.SYS, whatever that
    > is. So I have to connect the modem as Windows XP is loading. My internet
    > connection works fine, I just can't boot with it attached. I've already
    > uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software 2 times, to no avail. Also,
    > when I doubleclick on VZAccess MGR to launch it, I get 2 computer icons in my
    > desktop tray with red x's on them. Since my modem works, I figure it's a
    > communication problem with my pc still wanting to recognize the modem as a
    > bootable hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions???

  4. RE: VZWireless USB modem problems

    Notify me whatever happens

    "~Deo" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > See if you suspect that then, what we can do is get into the bios and select
    > USB -> No boot option.
    >
    > * this option can come up in differnt place and with differnt name depending
    > on the kind on bios you have
    >
    > If you find it dificult to trace it let me know the make and model number of
    > the pc OR if you happen to know which bios is it.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > ~Deo
    >

    > "nettie" wrote:
    >
    > > I have Windows XP SP2 and recently connected a Verizon Wireless USB modem to
    > > my desktop pc. My pc won't boot if the modem's connected, even after
    > > changing the boot sequence and if I plug the modem in once my desktop screen
    > > comes up, then Windows crashes. It gave me a code of NDIS.SYS, whatever that
    > > is. So I have to connect the modem as Windows XP is loading. My internet
    > > connection works fine, I just can't boot with it attached. I've already
    > > uninstalled and reinstalled the modem software 2 times, to no avail. Also,
    > > when I doubleclick on VZAccess MGR to launch it, I get 2 computer icons in my
    > > desktop tray with red x's on them. Since my modem works, I figure it's a
    > > communication problem with my pc still wanting to recognize the modem as a
    > > bootable hard drive. Anyone have any suggestions???

+ Reply to Thread