trouble adding pc to wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on trouble adding pc to wireless network - Wireless ; I have an older pc (XP Home SP2) that I want to add to my wireless network. My router is set for WPA and all the other devices on the network work fine, however when I go to this older ...

  1. trouble adding pc to wireless network

    I have an older pc (XP Home SP2) that I want to add to my wireless network.
    My router is set for WPA and all the other devices on the network work fine,
    however when I go to this older pc, select my wireless network properties,
    under network authentication I only have WEP or Disable as choices. I’m
    using a Linksys wusb11 adapter on the pc - the router is a Linksys befw11s4.
    Any help would be appreciated!

  2. Re: trouble adding pc to wireless network

    Update for Windows XP (KB893357)
    Brief Description
    This update to Windows XP provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2
    (WPA2), which is the latest standards-based wireless security solution
    derived from the IEEE 802.11i standard.

    "bunlbug" wrote in message
    >I have an older pc (XP Home SP2) that I want to add to my wireless network.
    > My router is set for WPA and all the other devices on the network work
    > fine,
    > however when I go to this older pc, select my wireless network properties,
    > under network authentication I only have WEP or Disable as choices. I'm
    > using a Linksys wusb11 adapter on the pc - the router is a Linksys
    > befw11s4.
    > Any help would be appreciated!

  3. Re: trouble adding pc to wireless network

    Hi
    Windows Wireless configuration takes the info concerning the Wireless
    hardware from the device's drivers.
    If the Device drivers (and in all likely hood the device itself) does not
    support WPA windows would not support not either,
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "bunlbug" wrote in message
    >I have an older pc (XP Home SP2) that I want to add to my wireless network.
    > My router is set for WPA and all the other devices on the network work
    > fine,
    > however when I go to this older pc, select my wireless network properties,
    > under network authentication I only have WEP or Disable as choices. I’m
    > using a Linksys wusb11 adapter on the pc - the router is a Linksys
    > befw11s4.
    > Any help would be appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread