I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is - Wireless

This is a discussion on I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is - Wireless ; I just got nintendo ds and the wi-fi usb connector. I have a wireless router and with my ds i can connect to it, but i can't seem to find my WEP kep, any help would be appriated on finding ...

  1. I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    I just got nintendo ds and the wi-fi usb connector. I have a wireless router
    and with my ds i can connect to it, but i can't seem to find my WEP kep, any
    help would be appriated on finding out where i can get my WEP key or get a
    new one with out messing up my dads wireless on his laptop

  2. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    Hi
    The key should be in the Wireless Router.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Vynnessia" wrote in message
    >I just got nintendo ds and the wi-fi usb connector. I have a wireless
    >router
    > and with my ds i can connect to it, but i can't seem to find my WEP kep,
    > any
    > help would be appriated on finding out where i can get my WEP key or get a
    > new one with out messing up my dads wireless on his laptop

  3. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    It should be, but i've looking through everything that i could think of,
    along with what other people said in other threads

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > The key should be in the Wireless Router.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Vynnessia" wrote in message
    > >I just got nintendo ds and the wi-fi usb connector. I have a wireless
    > >router
    > > and with my ds i can connect to it, but i can't seem to find my WEP kep,
    > > any
    > > help would be appriated on finding out where i can get my WEP key or get a
    > > new one with out messing up my dads wireless on his laptop

  4. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    Hi
    Then you have no other choice but to configure the Router with a new
    Wireless Password, and do the same on all other computers that uses this
    Wireless connection.
    This time write the password on a little sticker and stick it at the bottom
    of the Wireless Router.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Vynnessia" wrote in message
    > It should be, but i've looking through everything that i could think of,
    > along with what other people said in other threads
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> The key should be in the Wireless Router.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Vynnessia" wrote in message
    >> >I just got nintendo ds and the wi-fi usb connector. I have a wireless
    >> >router
    >> > and with my ds i can connect to it, but i can't seem to find my WEP
    >> > kep,
    >> > any
    >> > help would be appriated on finding out where i can get my WEP key or
    >> > get a
    >> > new one with out messing up my dads wireless on his laptop

  5. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    To add to other replies, when you reconfigure the router, you should
    use WPA2 or at least WPA. Do NOT use WEP, it is not safe.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  6. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    "Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    > To add to other replies, when you reconfigure the router, you should
    > use WPA2 or at least WPA. Do NOT use WEP, it is not safe.
    >
    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:52:00 -0800, Vynnessia
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It should be, but i've looking through everything that i could think of,
    >>along with what other people said in other threads
    >>
    >>"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> The key should be in the Wireless Router.
    >>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>>
    >>> "Vynnessia" wrote in message
    >>> >

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

    Barb,

    Unfortunately the Nintendo DS does not support WPA2/WPA. I went through the
    same exercise when one of my grandsons got one last year.

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...routerInfo.jsp

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

  7. Re: I need to figure out what my WEP Kep is

    that is bad news indeed. but it doesn't change the risks of using
    WEP. I know Sony added WPA support with a firmware upgrade to their
    PSP. Too bad Nintendo didn't.