Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1) - Wireless

This is a discussion on Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1) - Wireless ; Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)? I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/ , but this item isn't listed! I've tried to email ACER, but their online contact us form keeps telling me ...

  1. Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB
    Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)?

    I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/, but this item isn't listed!

    I've tried to email ACER, but their online contact us form keeps telling me
    I've entered an invalid Serial Number which I have triple checked and is
    correct!

    TIA.

    Chris.

  2. Re: Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    what operating system and what computer?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    Win XP Home

    HP 770 UK

    "Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    > what operating system and what computer?
    >
    > On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:39:44 -0000, "Chris Mitchell"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB
    >>Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)?
    >>
    >>I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/, but this item isn't listed!
    >>
    >>I've tried to email ACER, but their online contact us form keeps telling
    >>me
    >>I've entered an invalid Serial Number which I have triple checked and is
    >>correct!
    >>
    >>TIA.
    >>
    >>Chris.
    >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

  4. Re: Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    wrote:

    >Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB
    >Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)?
    >
    >I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/, but this item isn't listed!

    How about
    http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfc...1g-USB-Dongle/

    ?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

  5. Re: Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    Hi
    This card is supported by Win XP (it would not work with Vista at all).
    Go to this page, pull down the Driver & Utility choice under MS WinXP, and
    choose WLAN.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Chris Mitchell" wrote in message
    > Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB
    > Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)?
    >
    > I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/, but this item isn't listed!
    >
    > I've tried to email ACER, but their online contact us form keeps telling
    > me I've entered an invalid Serial Number which I have triple checked and
    > is correct!
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Chris.

  6. Re: Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)

    ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/wireless/wlan_g_us1 has what you are
    looking for.

    On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:23:58 -0000, "Chris Mitchell"
    wrote:

    >Win XP Home
    >
    >HP 770 UK
    >
    >"Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    >> what operating system and what computer?
    >>
    >> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:39:44 -0000, "Chris Mitchell"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone advise where I can obtain the driver for an ACER WLAN 11g USB
    >>>Dongle (WLAN-G-US1)?
    >>>
    >>>I've tried http://support.acer-euro.com/, but this item isn't listed!
    >>>
    >>>I've tried to email ACER, but their online contact us form keeps telling
    >>>me
    >>>I've entered an invalid Serial Number which I have triple checked and is
    >>>correct!
    >>>
    >>>TIA.
    >>>
    >>>Chris.
    >>>

    >> --