Cant Map folders from NAS drive to a wireless PC - Wireless

This is a discussion on Cant Map folders from NAS drive to a wireless PC - Wireless ; I have a Maxtor NAS drive connected to a Linksys router but I can´t map folders from the drive to my wireless PC. I can see the drives name in the network but when I tries to expand it and ...

  1. Cant Map folders from NAS drive to a wireless PC

    I have a Maxtor NAS drive connected to a Linksys router but I can´t map
    folders from the drive to my wireless PC. I can see the drives name in the
    network but when I tries to expand it and see the forlder names nothing
    happens. I have another PC connected to the router via cable and it works
    without any problems. I guess that it must bee some security problem. I have
    tried closing down my firewall and disable all security checks in the router
    without success. I have tried to log on the NAS drive with another user and
    password but it doesn´t work.

  2. Re: Cant Map folders from NAS drive to a wireless PC

    Hi
    Sounds to me more of the a NAS problem. Check the security capacity of the
    NAS make sure that multiple sharing and management is allowed, or and can be
    configured.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Hakan B" wrote in message
    >I have a Maxtor NAS drive connected to a Linksys router but I can´t map
    > folders from the drive to my wireless PC. I can see the drives name in the
    > network but when I tries to expand it and see the forlder names nothing
    > happens. I have another PC connected to the router via cable and it works
    > without any problems. I guess that it must bee some security problem. I
    > have
    > tried closing down my firewall and disable all security checks in the
    > router
    > without success. I have tried to log on the NAS drive with another user
    > and
    > password but it doesn´t work.

+ Reply to Thread