Connected to Wireless Network but not internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connected to Wireless Network but not internet - Wireless ; Hi, I have a Home network set up with the router ethernet cabled into a windows XP PC. I've added a couple of laptops wirelessly to the network (that use XP) easily and never had a problem. I've just bought ...

  1. Connected to Wireless Network but not internet

    Hi,

    I have a Home network set up with the router ethernet cabled into a windows
    XP PC. I've added a couple of laptops wirelessly to the network (that use XP)
    easily and never had a problem. I've just bought an HP G6032EA laptop that
    runs VISTA and although it connects to the wireless network it won't connect
    to the internet. The error I get is "There may be a problem with your Domain
    Name Server (DNS) configuration". The security is WPA enabled if that's
    relevant.

    I've searched all yesterday and can't find a solution and as this laptop is
    a Christmas present for my daughter I'd be really grateful if someone could
    help me with an answer.

    Thanks so much

  2. Re: Connected to Wireless Network but not internet

    Please post the text output of

    ipconfig /all

    from the Vista Computer

    --