Adapter not Installed - Wireless

This is a discussion on Adapter not Installed - Wireless ; Hi: The PC with XP. I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box popping-up in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I can not recall, ...), then needs to abort. I did try several ...

  1. Adapter not Installed

    Hi:
    The PC with XP.

    I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box
    popping-up
    in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I can not
    recall, ...), then
    needs to abort. I did try several more tries to install Netgear Software,
    however each
    time I get this 'warning' message.

    Wonder what's wrong with, ... either the PC or Netgear?

    Thanks for your help and suggestions to this issue.

  2. Re: Adapter not Installed

    crocus68 wrote:
    > Hi:
    > The PC with XP.
    >
    > I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box
    > popping-up
    > in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I
    > can not recall, ...), then
    > needs to abort. I did try several more tries to install Netgear
    > Software, however each
    > time I get this 'warning' message.
    >
    > Wonder what's wrong with, ... either the PC or Netgear?
    >
    > Thanks for your help and suggestions to this issue.

    Likely their software. Make sure you have the latest supported version for
    your operating system and contact them for support if needed.

  3. Re: Adapter not Installed

    Hi
    What Netgear Adapter is? They make many different adapters.
    What are you trying to install it on. Computer type? OS?
    So as a long Shoot.
    Did you check for drivers compatibility?
    In case of some of USB adapters the software has to be installed before
    connection the adapter.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "crocus68" wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > The PC with XP.
    >
    > I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box
    > popping-up
    > in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I can not
    > recall, ...), then
    > needs to abort. I did try several more tries to install Netgear Software,
    > however each
    > time I get this 'warning' message.
    >
    > Wonder what's wrong with, ... either the PC or Netgear?
    >
    > Thanks for your help and suggestions to this issue.

  4. Re: Adapter not Installed

    Thanks for the responses.

    It's NETGEAR, WG111v3, 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.

    When almost came to end of installation, the PC asking a file or upgrade,
    #8622,,, (# I can not recall). However, there is no Internet Connection
    in that PC.

    On another/second PC, I downloaded a missing file/upgrade in my attempt
    of transerring it to the inended PC/First PC, however a first PC does not
    accept a file/update, SP1 or 2 downloaded by a different/second PC.

    Thus, I'm stuck not able to complete software installation of NETGEAR, 54
    Mbps
    Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.

    Any ideas on solution to this would be great.

    Thanks,

    > Hi
    > What Netgear Adapter is? They make many different adapters.
    > What are you trying to install it on. Computer type? OS?
    > So as a long Shoot.
    > Did you check for drivers compatibility?
    > In case of some of USB adapters the software has to be installed before
    > connection the adapter.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "crocus68" wrote in message
    >> Hi:
    >> The PC with XP.
    >>
    >> I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box
    >> popping-up
    >> in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I can
    >> not recall, ...), then
    >> needs to abort. I did try several more tries to install Netgear
    >> Software, however each
    >> time I get this 'warning' message.
    >>
    >> Wonder what's wrong with, ... either the PC or Netgear?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help and suggestions to this issue.

  5. Re: Adapter not Installed

    Hi
    Can you be more specific about this missing File.
    Is it a Microsoft Windows File, Or Netgear file.
    What are the Windows versions on both PCs?
    It could be that you need to updated the OS' to begin with.
    It might be USB2 related issue.
    Alternatively you can get a PCI card instead and get a better Wireless.
    Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833315041
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "crocus68" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the responses.
    >
    > It's NETGEAR, WG111v3, 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.
    >
    > When almost came to end of installation, the PC asking a file or upgrade,
    > #8622,,, (# I can not recall). However, there is no Internet Connection
    > in that PC.
    >
    > On another/second PC, I downloaded a missing file/upgrade in my attempt
    > of transerring it to the inended PC/First PC, however a first PC does not
    > accept a file/update, SP1 or 2 downloaded by a different/second PC.
    >
    > Thus, I'm stuck not able to complete software installation of NETGEAR, 54
    > Mbps
    > Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.
    >
    > Any ideas on solution to this would be great.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> What Netgear Adapter is? They make many different adapters.
    >> What are you trying to install it on. Computer type? OS?
    >> So as a long Shoot.
    >> Did you check for drivers compatibility?
    >> In case of some of USB adapters the software has to be installed before
    >> connection the adapter.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "crocus68" wrote in message
    >>> Hi:
    >>> The PC with XP.
    >>>
    >>> I attempted to install Netgear Adapter software, however warning-box
    >>> popping-up
    >>> in the middle of the screen, .... 'File' or 'DLL'(which one, ... I can
    >>> not recall, ...), then
    >>> needs to abort. I did try several more tries to install Netgear
    >>> Software, however each
    >>> time I get this 'warning' message.
    >>>
    >>> Wonder what's wrong with, ... either the PC or Netgear?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help and suggestions to this issue.

+ Reply to Thread