connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on connection - Wireless ; hello, how can i restrict the wireless connection on a notebook to a specific router thanks...

  1. connection

    hello,

    how can i restrict the wireless connection on a notebook to a specific
    router

    thanks

  2. Re: connection

    uncheck the option to automatically connect to non preferred
    networks and only list the network you want to connect to (delete
    the unwanted ones that may already be in the list). instructions
    depend on whether XP or Vista.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  3. Re: connection

    Thanks,

    It is XP, and I want to know how to avoid the user to connect to other
    wireless router except a specific one.

    thanks,

    "Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    > uncheck the option to automatically connect to non preferred
    > networks and only list the network you want to connect to (delete
    > the unwanted ones that may already be in the list). instructions
    > depend on whether XP or Vista.
    >
    > On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:23:54 +0800, "bobman"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>hello,
    >>
    >>how can i restrict the wireless connection on a notebook to a specific
    >>router
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

  4. Re: connection

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._03july28.mspx
    see figure 3. remove unwanted networks, then go to the advanced tab
    and UNcheck automatically connected to non preferred networks.

    if the user finds another SSID and has the right credentials, he
    will be able to configure and connect to it. I thought you wanted to
    remove unwanted SSID's from the list and remove the ability to
    automatically connect. this sounds like you want to restrict access
    completely and not allow the user to configure other networks. is
    this what you are trying to do? you could try establishing a
    connection to the "right" network and then turning off the WZC
    service. don't know if that will work or not.

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:24:44 +0800, "bobman"
    wrote:

    >Thanks,
    >
    >It is XP, and I want to know how to avoid the user to connect to other
    >wireless router except a specific one.
    >
    >thanks,
    >

    >"Barb Bowman" wrote in message
    >> uncheck the option to automatically connect to non preferred
    >> networks and only list the network you want to connect to (delete
    >> the unwanted ones that may already be in the list). instructions
    >> depend on whether XP or Vista.
    >>
    >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:23:54 +0800, "bobman"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>hello,
    >>>
    >>>how can i restrict the wireless connection on a notebook to a specific
    >>>router
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman