Wireless Network Connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Network Connection - Wireless ; I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel, network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available. Question how and where to get it. Tks -- Bill...

  1. Wireless Network Connection

    --
    Bill

  2. Re: Wireless Network Connection

    mauibill wrote:
    > I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
    > network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
    > Question how and where to get it.
    > Tks

    Install the drivers from the Dell driver CD or d/l from the Dell
    website. You could probably stand to install the video/graphics, sound,
    Ethernet, and the rest of the drivers as well.

    http://support.dell.com/support/down...&os=WW1&osl=EN

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  3. Re: Wireless Network Connection

    I had that same problem on my computer at one time. It seemed to resolve
    itself after installing all of the critical windows updates. It may have
    been part of SP2. Do you have SP2?

    "mauibill" wrote in message
    > I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
    > network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
    > Question how and where to get it.
    > Tks
    > --
    > Bill

  4. Re: Wireless Network Connection

    Hi
    Look at the Device Manager if there is No Network Card, or and Ghosts
    you need to further install driver as suggested by Lem.
    Otherwise.
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless,html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Ken Triebold" wrote in message
    >I had that same problem on my computer at one time. It seemed to resolve
    >itself after installing all of the critical windows updates. It may have
    >been part of SP2. Do you have SP2?
    >

    > "mauibill" wrote in message
    >> I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
    >> network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
    >> Question how and where to get it.
    >> Tks
    >> --
    >> Bill

  5. Re: Wireless Network Connection

    Thanks,
    I'm going to have to figure another way to get to the Internet so I can
    download the latest upddates.
    --
    Bill

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Look at the Device Manager if there is No Network Card, or and Ghosts
    > you need to further install driver as suggested by Lem.
    > Otherwise.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless,html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Ken Triebold" wrote in message
    > >I had that same problem on my computer at one time. It seemed to resolve
    > >itself after installing all of the critical windows updates. It may have
    > >been part of SP2. Do you have SP2?
    > >

    > > "mauibill" wrote in message
    > >> I've reinstalled XP on a Dell inspiron 9100. When I go to control panel,
    > >> network connections there is no Wireless Connection option available.
    > >> Question how and where to get it.
    > >> Tks
    > >> --
    > >> Bill