I have viewed responses on dropped connections. Mine is similar, but I
haven't found one that correlates directly to my problem, unless I am
overlooking something.

I am using the Netgear WGR614 router with matching NIC.

My remote computer does not drop the connection at all. The one that
continues to drop is the one my router is connected to. I can game for a
couple of hours, but when I go back to the internet with Explorer, I will
have to reboot. I can go back to the game and I'm on. Using the 'Repair
Connection' option in the properties dialogue does not resolve it.

If I overlooked a thread, please let me know.