-> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <- - Wireless

This is a discussion on -> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <- - Wireless ; Hi, I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for different purposes. I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click? The ...

  1. -> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

    Hi,
    I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for
    different purposes.

    I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows
    you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click?

    The utility would "Disable" the Ethernet, and "Activate" the Wifi
    and vice-versa.

    I currently do this manually when I need to use either Internet
    connection.

    Thanks for any help.

    Sincerely,
    Steve JORDI

    (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
    1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com
    Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
    Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
    MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

  2. Re: -> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

    Hi
    You can establish priority by setting the Metrics.
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    You can write a simple bat file for ipconfig to release and renew each
    connection.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Steve JORDI" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have both an Ethernet cable and a WiFi on my desktop for
    > different purposes.
    >
    > I'd like to know whether there is a Windows utility that allows
    > you to switch between Ethernet and Wifi with a simple click?
    >
    > The utility would "Disable" the Ethernet, and "Activate" the Wifi
    > and vice-versa.
    >
    > I currently do this manually when I need to use either Internet
    > connection.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >

    > Sincerely,
    > Steve JORDI
    >
    > (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
    > 1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com
    > Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
    > Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
    > MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

  3. Re: -> Utility to switch between Ethernet and Wifi? <-

    Jack,

    thanks for your help.
    I created two .bat files: one Wifi, one Ethernet that just
    do "/release" and "/renew" and it works pretty well.

    Thanks again

    MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com