Accessing files from other computer - Wireless

This is a discussion on Accessing files from other computer - Wireless ; I have two computers both networked together through a Wireless Hub - Belkin. One is a Gateway desktop 500 c with 1 G memory. The other is a Dell Laptop also with 1 G memory. I can access some things ...

  1. Accessing files from other computer

    I have two computers both networked together through a Wireless Hub - Belkin.
    One is a Gateway desktop 500 c with 1 G memory. The other is a Dell Laptop
    also with 1 G memory. I can access some things but not all of them. The
    error I get is "... is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    this network resource. Contact the administrator or this server to find out
    if you have access permissions". I figure it can't be the firewall since I
    can access folders from each computer. I can print through the network, but
    just can't access all my folders.

    Any help is good.

    Thanks,
    namooney

  2. Re: Accessing files from other computer

    If you can access some folders bit others, I would double check the
    permissions in the Security settings. Please post back with the result.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "namooney" wrote in message
    >I have two computers both networked together through a Wireless Hub -
    >Belkin.
    > One is a Gateway desktop 500 c with 1 G memory. The other is a Dell
    > Laptop
    > also with 1 G memory. I can access some things but not all of them. The
    > error I get is "... is not accessible. You might not have permission to
    > use
    > this network resource. Contact the administrator or this server to find
    > out
    > if you have access permissions". I figure it can't be the firewall since
    > can access folders from each computer. I can print through the network,
    > but
    > just can't access all my folders.
    >
    > Any help is good.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > namooney

  3. Re: Accessing files from other computer

    On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:32:00 -0800, namooney
    wrote:

    >I have two computers both networked together through a Wireless Hub - Belkin.
    > One is a Gateway desktop 500 c with 1 G memory. The other is a Dell Laptop
    >also with 1 G memory. I can access some things but not all of them. The
    >error I get is "... is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    >this network resource. Contact the administrator or this server to find out
    >if you have access permissions". I figure it can't be the firewall since I
    >can access folders from each computer. I can print through the network, but
    >just can't access all my folders.
    >
    >Any help is good.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >namooney

    Compare security permissions setup for the folders that can be accessed, against
    those that can't be accessed. What are the specific paths of the problem
    folders?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/1...ual-share.html

    What is the complete and exact error message?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...-in-error.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/