Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles - Wireless

This is a discussion on Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles - Wireless ; I have been assigned the task to create a script/installer to configure WZCSVC fo rour company's wireless network. I have written a vbscript to do so by writing to the specific registry keys(WZCSVC\interfaces & EAPOL\interfaces). I have come to find ...

  1. Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles

    I have been assigned the task to create a script/installer to configure
    WZCSVC fo rour company's wireless network. I have written a vbscript to do
    so by writing to the specific registry keys(WZCSVC\interfaces &
    EAPOL\interfaces). I have come to find out that our various laptops models
    write different data to WZCSVC\interfaces. Instead of writing a script for
    each laptop model I ran into WZCSAPI. The problem that I have is that I do
    not know how to install IProvisioningProfileNetwork xml file that I have
    created.

    The question is "how do I install the wireless config XML OR is it possible
    to call the wireless API's with WMI or VB?

    And of course, as usual, my company has given me very little time to come up
    with a solution.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles

    You may find better/faster help with this in MSDN forum and developers
    newsgroups.

    The wi-fi interface GUIDs are unique to all of your computers (unless they
    were cloned).
    You can get the the registry key names on each machine using
    the StdRegProv WMI class. The names of subkeys indeed are the
    interface names.

    For WinXP, WZCAPI is not documented and not recommended to use.
    Instead, there is the new "native wi-fi" API - please see MSDN.

    Regards,
    --PA

    "vhartline" wrote in message
    > I have been assigned the task to create a script/installer to configure
    > WZCSVC fo rour company's wireless network. I have written a vbscript to
    > do
    > so by writing to the specific registry keys(WZCSVC\interfaces &
    > EAPOL\interfaces). I have come to find out that our various laptops
    > models
    > write different data to WZCSVC\interfaces. Instead of writing a script
    > for
    > each laptop model I ran into WZCSAPI. The problem that I have is that I
    > do
    > not know how to install IProvisioningProfileNetwork xml file that I have
    > created.
    >
    > The question is "how do I install the wireless config XML OR is it
    > possible
    > to call the wireless API's with WMI or VB?
    >
    > And of course, as usual, my company has given me very little time to come
    > up
    > with a solution.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  3. Re: Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles

    Thank you for your reply. I have looked at the API's and in the process of
    figuring out how to use them with VB (I do not think that I can use
    vbscripting with these).
    I will post my results if any.

    "pavel_a" wrote:

    > You may find better/faster help with this in MSDN forum and developers
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > The wi-fi interface GUIDs are unique to all of your computers (unless they
    > were cloned).
    > You can get the the registry key names on each machine using
    > the StdRegProv WMI class. The names of subkeys indeed are the
    > interface names.
    >
    > For WinXP, WZCAPI is not documented and not recommended to use.
    > Instead, there is the new "native wi-fi" API - please see MSDN.
    >
    > Regards,
    > --PA
    >

    > "vhartline" wrote in message
    > > I have been assigned the task to create a script/installer to configure
    > > WZCSVC fo rour company's wireless network. I have written a vbscript to
    > > do
    > > so by writing to the specific registry keys(WZCSVC\interfaces &
    > > EAPOL\interfaces). I have come to find out that our various laptops
    > > models
    > > write different data to WZCSVC\interfaces. Instead of writing a script
    > > for
    > > each laptop model I ran into WZCSAPI. The problem that I have is that I
    > > do
    > > not know how to install IProvisioningProfileNetwork xml file that I have
    > > created.
    > >
    > > The question is "how do I install the wireless config XML OR is it
    > > possible
    > > to call the wireless API's with WMI or VB?
    > >
    > > And of course, as usual, my company has given me very little time to come
    > > up
    > > with a solution.
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  4. RE: Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles

    "vhartline" wrote:

    > I have been assigned the task to create a script/installer to configure
    > WZCSVC fo rour company's wireless network. I have written a vbscript to do
    > so by writing to the specific registry keys(WZCSVC\interfaces &
    > EAPOL\interfaces). I have come to find out that our various laptops models
    > write different data to WZCSVC\interfaces. Instead of writing a script for
    > each laptop model I ran into WZCSAPI. The problem that I have is that I do
    > not know how to install IProvisioningProfileNetwork xml file that I have
    > created.
    >
    > The question is "how do I install the wireless config XML OR is it possible
    > to call the wireless API's with WMI or VB?
    >
    > And of course, as usual, my company has given me very little time to come up
    > with a solution.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  5. Re: Automating Wireless Zero Config profiles

    Do you have found the solution for this problem?
    can you send me the code or the exe, or a contact / site to found something
    help me?
    I am exactaly in your same position!
    Thank you very much, bye
    StefanoB