can't use internet explorer - Wireless

This is a discussion on can't use internet explorer - Wireless ; Just purchased a wireless router/modem- have an hp media center connected and a laptop connected both work fine...tried to add dell desktop to the wireless connection and now can't use internet explorer. DSL provider says the dell desltop passes the ...

  1. can't use internet explorer

    Just purchased a wireless router/modem- have an hp media center connected and
    a laptop connected both work fine...tried to add dell desktop to the wireless
    connection and now can't use internet explorer. DSL provider says the dell
    desltop passes the ping test so my explorer must be corrupted. Can anyone
    tell me what I should do now?

  2. Re: can't use internet explorer

    "XXOXbabyXXOX" wrote in message
    > Just purchased a wireless router/modem- have an hp media center connected
    > and
    > a laptop connected both work fine...tried to add dell desktop to the
    > wireless
    > connection and now can't use internet explorer. DSL provider says the
    > dell
    > desltop passes the ping test so my explorer must be corrupted. Can anyone
    > tell me what I should do now?

    What do you mean exactly, "can't use IE"? What EXACTLY happens when you try?
    And is this on the desktop, or one of the other two machines?

  3. Re: can't use internet explorer

    Hi
    First check the viability of the Network connection,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    If every thing works OK then try to connect to the Wireless Router using IE
    (look at the Router's manual to find how).
    If IE can not connect to the Router and the Network looks OK try this
    process,
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "XXOXbabyXXOX" wrote in message
    > Just purchased a wireless router/modem- have an hp media center connected
    > and
    > a laptop connected both work fine...tried to add dell desktop to the
    > wireless
    > connection and now can't use internet explorer. DSL provider says the
    > dell
    > desltop passes the ping test so my explorer must be corrupted. Can anyone
    > tell me what I should do now?

+ Reply to Thread