Wireless Network Connection is now Connected - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Network Connection is now Connected - Wireless ; I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message pops up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the ...

  1. Wireless Network Connection is now Connected

    I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has
    been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message pops
    up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the
    box and continue without any problems. It is just that this message is kind
    of a nuisance. Is there something I can do to prevent this message box from
    coming up after 12 hours of operation?

  2. Re: Wireless Network Connection is now Connected

    Hp
    Take a look at the IP leasing in you Router's DHCP server. If the leasing is
    set to 12 hours it would renewed it at this time which might result in fast
    disconnect and connect.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "ktriebol" wrote in message
    news0EF30A1-4D43-48FA-9675-21D78350449A@microsoft.com...
    >I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has
    > been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message
    > pops
    > up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the
    > box and continue without any problems. It is just that this message is
    > kind
    > of a nuisance. Is there something I can do to prevent this message box
    > from
    > coming up after 12 hours of operation?

  3. Re: Wireless Network Connection is now Connected

    Jack, I believe your suggestion worked for me. IP leasing was set for 0
    minutes, which is the default for one day (which presumably is 12 hours). I
    then set it to the maximum allowable, which was 9999 minutes. Anyway, it has
    been running now for nearly 15 hourrs and the message I described previously
    did not pop up. Thanks a lot!

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hp
    > Take a look at the IP leasing in you Router's DHCP server. If the leasing is
    > set to 12 hours it would renewed it at this time which might result in fast
    > disconnect and connect.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "ktriebol" wrote in message
    > news0EF30A1-4D43-48FA-9675-21D78350449A@microsoft.com...
    > >I have Windows XP SP2 and am running a Wi-Fi network. Once the computer has
    > > been operating with the wireless network running for 12 hours, a message
    > > pops
    > > up saying "wireless network connection is now connected". I then close the
    > > box and continue without any problems. It is just that this message is
    > > kind
    > > of a nuisance. Is there something I can do to prevent this message box
    > > from
    > > coming up after 12 hours of operation?

+ Reply to Thread