Access Point, but Not Internet connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Access Point, but Not Internet connection - Wireless ; Hi: One of the PCs has connection issue. It says, .... "You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found.' Questions are; (1) What does that mean? (2) How to cure this issue? Thanks for any ...

  1. Access Point, but Not Internet connection

    Hi:
    One of the PCs has connection issue.

    It says, ....
    "You are connected to the access point, but the
    Internet cannot be found.'

    Questions are;
    (1) What does that mean?

    (2) How to cure this issue?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Access Point, but Not Internet connection

    Hi
    Impossible to answer unless you explain what the Access Point is connected
    to, and where the Internet is coming from to the Access Point.
    If this is an Open Access Point that does not belong to you, either it is
    protected, or it is a LAN Access Point that has No connection to the
    Internet.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Violet" wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > One of the PCs has connection issue.
    >
    > It says, ....
    > "You are connected to the access point, but the
    > Internet cannot be found.'
    >
    > Questions are;
    > (1) What does that mean?
    >
    > (2) How to cure this issue?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

  3. Re: Access Point, but Not Internet connection

    Thanks for the response.

    I lost Internet Connection after I disconnected Linsky Adapter for about
    a week or so. Then, I tried to rescue Wireless Internet Connection.

    There are picture in the middle of the screen,

    On the left is : Adapter
    In the Middle is : Router
    There is a sign of signal in between

    On the right is : Internet
    There is NO signal sign between two, from Router to Internet

    and, at the top of pictures, it says,
    You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found.

    Thanks,

    > Hi
    > Impossible to answer unless you explain what the Access Point is connected
    > to, and where the Internet is coming from to the Access Point.
    > If this is an Open Access Point that does not belong to you, either it is
    > protected, or it is a LAN Access Point that has No connection to the
    > Internet.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Violet" wrote in message
    >> Hi:
    >> One of the PCs has connection issue.
    >>
    >> It says, ....
    >> "You are connected to the access point, but the
    >> Internet cannot be found.'
    >>
    >> Questions are;
    >> (1) What does that mean?
    >>
    >> (2) How to cure this issue?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

  4. Re: Access Point, but Not Internet connection

    One more thing to add;
    After Wireless Network Setup, there is a rectangular box with "X"
    at the top: RUNDLL
    Error in wzcdlg.dll
    missing entry:
    FlashConfigreat Network
    [OK] in the middle of the bottom

    Thanks,

    "Violet" wrote in message
    > Thanks for the response.
    >
    > I lost Internet Connection after I disconnected Linsky Adapter for about
    > a week or so. Then, I tried to rescue Wireless Internet Connection.
    >
    > There are picture in the middle of the screen,
    >
    > On the left is : Adapter
    > In the Middle is : Router
    > There is a sign of signal in between
    >
    > On the right is : Internet
    > There is NO signal sign between two, from Router to Internet
    >
    > and, at the top of pictures, it says,
    > You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Impossible to answer unless you explain what the Access Point is
    >> connected to, and where the Internet is coming from to the Access Point.
    >> If this is an Open Access Point that does not belong to you, either it is
    >> protected, or it is a LAN Access Point that has No connection to the
    >> Internet.
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Violet" wrote in message
    >>> Hi:
    >>> One of the PCs has connection issue.
    >>>
    >>> It says, ....
    >>> "You are connected to the access point, but the
    >>> Internet cannot be found.'
    >>>
    >>> Questions are;
    >>> (1) What does that mean?
    >>>
    >>> (2) How to cure this issue?