No IP Address - Wireless

This is a discussion on No IP Address - Wireless ; I have set up a wireless router set up which can be used by anyone who wants to with their laptops whilst in my bar. Thus far 5 separate machines have connected with no problem to the internet. However one ...

  1. No IP Address

    I have set up a wireless router set up which can be used by anyone who wants
    to with their laptops whilst in my bar. Thus far 5 separate machines have
    connected with no problem to the internet. However one machine connects to
    the router with no problem (Signal strength excellent etc) but cannot get an
    IP address and cannot connect to the internet. Interestingly I took this
    machine home and it connects to my wireless network at home with no problem,
    also connects fine at several other AP's locally.

    How is t possible that:

    1/ Every other machine connects fine in my bar and 1 machine does not but:

    2/ The rouge machine connects fine elsewhere

    Confused!

    Any help would be much appreciated

  2. Re: No IP Address

    probably a Vista machine but without more details, nearly impossible
    to assist. what router do you have? brand/model AND hardware
    revision and firmware revision? do you have the latest firmware?

    the computer may need a different driver or anyone of a number of
    fixes. But the most likely one is
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233/en-us

    --

    Barb Bowman