Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Network - Wireless ; I have a problem with my home network........I CAN access the internet from the wireless, no problem. I CANNOT print to my printers nor can I access network places (drives and folders). This problem has been intermittent for awhile and ...

  1. Network

    I have a problem with my home network........I CAN access the internet from
    the wireless, no problem.
    I CANNOT print to my printers nor can I access network places (drives and
    folders). This problem has been intermittent for awhile and and then plugging
    in the router everything returns to normal, meaning everything works.

    Now the problem is permanent and plugging has done nothing . Do I need a
    new router or is there a way to check????

    EQUIPMENT
    VIAO SONY 44g wired computer that is the main one.
    Lyncsys wired router
    Linsys wireless router plugged into the wired one
    VIAO S150 wireless computer.

  2. Re: Network

    On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:13:00 -0800, Sygreen
    wrote:

    >I have a problem with my home network........I CAN access the internet from
    >the wireless, no problem.
    >I CANNOT print to my printers nor can I access network places (drives and
    >folders). This problem has been intermittent for awhile and and then plugging
    >in the router everything returns to normal, meaning everything works.
    >
    >Now the problem is permanent and plugging has done nothing . Do I need a
    >new router or is there a way to check????
    >
    >EQUIPMENT
    >VIAO SONY 44g wired computer that is the main one.
    >Lyncsys wired router
    >Linsys wireless router plugged into the wired one
    >VIAO S150 wireless computer.

    How did you connect the wireless and wired routers? Is the wired computer
    connected to the wired router, as a peer to the wireless router? That will be a
    problem, as the wired computer won't have access to the wireless LAN.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...o-routers.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Network

    "Sygreen" wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my home network........I CAN access the internet from
    > the wireless, no problem.
    > I CANNOT print to my printers nor can I access network places (drives and
    > folders). This problem has been intermittent for awhile and and then
    > plugging
    > in the router everything returns to normal, meaning everything works.
    >
    > Now the problem is permanent and plugging has done nothing . Do I need a
    > new router or is there a way to check????
    >
    > EQUIPMENT
    > VIAO SONY 44g wired computer that is the main one.
    > Lyncsys wired router
    > Linsys wireless router plugged into the wired one
    > VIAO S150 wireless computer.

    Retire the wired router and just use the wireless router.
    If you need more lan ports than it has available, get an
    inexpensive switch to increase the number of ports.
    Mutiple routers create a level of complexity that is
    unnecessary in a home environment.

+ Reply to Thread