N1 Wireless networking and Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on N1 Wireless networking and Vista - Wireless ; I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor. The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net), but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio. I get an interruption ...

  1. N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.

    The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
    but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.

    I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    audio files,
    using Skype - ANYTHING

    It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...

    - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    it's not the devices.

    - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.

    - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.

    My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
    N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.

    Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    overseas...
    but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

  2. RE: N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    ??? So why you can't use Skype with the G-USB adaptor?

    --PA

    "Nathan Walker" wrote:
    > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
    >
    > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
    > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
    >
    > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    > audio files,
    > using Skype - ANYTHING
    >
    > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
    >
    > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    > it's not the devices.
    >
    > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
    >
    > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.
    >

    > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
    > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
    >
    > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    > overseas...
    > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

  3. RE: N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    I can, but with a G USB adaptor I get a lower internet speed

    I want to use my N1 gear to get a higher internet speed and crystal clear
    Skype

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > ??? So why you can't use Skype with the G-USB adaptor?
    >
    > --PA
    >
    > "Nathan Walker" wrote:
    > > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
    > >
    > > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
    > > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
    > >
    > > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    > > audio files,
    > > using Skype - ANYTHING
    > >
    > > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
    > >
    > > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    > > it's not the devices.
    > >
    > > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
    > >
    > > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.
    > >

    > > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
    > > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
    > >
    > > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    > > overseas...
    > > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

  4. Re: N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    Hi
    Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
    that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
    the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
    Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Nathan Walker" Walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
    >
    > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the
    > net),
    > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
    >
    > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    > audio files,
    > using Skype - ANYTHING
    >
    > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
    >
    > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    > it's not the devices.
    >
    > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
    >
    > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a
    > problem.
    >

    > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista
    > and
    > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
    >
    > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    > overseas...
    > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

  5. Re: N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
    adaptor
    and it ALSO has the same problem.

    Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
    > that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
    > the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
    > Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Nathan Walker" Walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
    > >
    > > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the
    > > net),
    > > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
    > >
    > > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    > > audio files,
    > > using Skype - ANYTHING
    > >
    > > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
    > >
    > > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    > > it's not the devices.
    > >
    > > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
    > >
    > > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a
    > > problem.
    > >

    > > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista
    > > and
    > > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
    > >
    > > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    > > overseas...
    > > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

  6. Re: N1 Wireless networking and Vista

    "Nathan Walker" wrote in message
    > Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
    > adaptor
    > and it ALSO has the same problem.
    >
    > Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

    Hmm and this is after all these efforts that Microsoft
    put into QoS enhancements in Vista...

    --PA

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
    >> that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
    >> the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
    >> Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "Nathan Walker" Walker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.
    >> >
    >> > The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the
    >> > net),
    >> > but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.
    >> >
    >> > I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    >> > audio files,
    >> > using Skype - ANYTHING
    >> >
    >> > It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...
    >> >
    >> > - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    >> > it's not the devices.
    >> >
    >> > - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.
    >> >
    >> > - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a
    >> > problem.
    >> >

    >> > My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista
    >> > and
    >> > N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.
    >> >
    >> > Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    >> > overseas...
    >> > but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

+ Reply to Thread