Wireless Zero Config Missing! - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Zero Config Missing! - Wireless ; I changed wireless USB adapters and wanted the XP Wireless Zero Configuration utility run the new (Linksys/Cisco) adapter. The tab that contains the box to check wasn't under the network options, so I found KB871122 and followed instructions to enable ...

  1. Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    I changed wireless USB adapters and wanted the XP Wireless Zero Configuration
    utility run the new (Linksys/Cisco) adapter. The tab that contains the box
    to check wasn't under the network options, so I found KB871122 and followed
    instructions to enable the utility. Under:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc /s. There is no Wireless Zero
    Configuration listing. It's just not on the list. Where is it and what can
    I do to restore this? Many thanks.

  2. Re: Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    Hi
    Toward the end of this page, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jim Wood" wrote in message
    >I changed wireless USB adapters and wanted the XP Wireless Zero
    >Configuration
    > utility run the new (Linksys/Cisco) adapter. The tab that contains the
    > box
    > to check wasn't under the network options, so I found KB871122 and
    > followed
    > instructions to enable the utility. Under:
    > %SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc /s. There is no Wireless Zero
    > Configuration listing. It's just not on the list. Where is it and what
    > can
    > I do to restore this? Many thanks.

  3. Re: Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    use regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WZCSVC

    Add a DWORD entry named "Start" and set the value to "2"

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

  4. Re: Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    Thanks to you both! I'll give this a try. Actually, when I reloaded the
    software for the old USB adapter (D-Link), the WZC popped back onto the
    lists. I do want to use the other (Linksys/Cisco) adapter, however, as the
    D-Link ones seem to cause computers I've used them with to have startup and
    shutdown problems. I'll post back to the group if problems continue.

  5. RE: Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    "Jim Wood" wrote:

    > I changed wireless USB adapters and wanted the XP Wireless Zero Configuration
    > utility run the new (Linksys/Cisco) adapter. The tab that contains the box
    > to check wasn't under the network options, so I found KB871122 and followed
    > instructions to enable the utility. Under:
    > %SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc /s. There is no Wireless Zero
    > Configuration listing. It's just not on the list. Where is it and what can
    > I do to restore this? Many thanks.

  6. Re: Wireless Zero Config Missing!

    Hi
    Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Marianne Liebenberg" Liebenberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:02BCD859-FAE5-452D-A4B5-59AC6C842844@microsoft.com...

    > "Jim Wood" wrote:
    >
    >> I changed wireless USB adapters and wanted the XP Wireless Zero
    >> Configuration
    >> utility run the new (Linksys/Cisco) adapter. The tab that contains the
    >> box
    >> to check wasn't under the network options, so I found KB871122 and
    >> followed
    >> instructions to enable the utility. Under:
    >> %SystemRoot%\System32\services.msc /s. There is no Wireless Zero
    >> Configuration listing. It's just not on the list. Where is it and what
    >> can
    >> I do to restore this? Many thanks.

+ Reply to Thread