Need help with Vista on wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Need help with Vista on wireless network - Wireless ; I hope someone here can help me. I've read most of the posts here but am still having a problem. I have a small office network set up with a Linksys WRT54GS router, a desk top with XP wired to ...

  1. Need help with Vista on wireless network

    I hope someone here can help me. I've read most of the posts here but am
    still having a problem.

    I have a small office network set up with a Linksys WRT54GS router, a desk
    top with XP wired to router, laptop with XP wireless to router, and laptop
    with vista wireless to router.

    Each unit has a working internet connection but I need to share files and
    printer on XP laptop with Vista laptop. I have downloaded and installed LLTD
    for XP unit.

    I have set up file and print sharing on XP laptop and set it as server. The
    Vista laptop will see XP laptop when I click on "View full map" but will not
    open files.

    The desk top unit running XP will open files and print on the XP laptop but
    not the Vista laptop.

    I need the Vista laptop to open and view files on the XP laptop
    any help ??

    --
    L. E. Miller

  2. Re: Need help with Vista on wireless network

    Hi
    I do not know what it means: "I have set up file and print sharing on XP
    laptop and set it as server".
    On a peer-to- peer network all computers are equal and if the sharing is
    configured correctly it should be available to all other computers on the
    network.
    Successful Sharing involves some general considerations in Network settings,
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -