How do I uninstall all networking componenets and reinstall - Wireless

This is a discussion on How do I uninstall all networking componenets and reinstall - Wireless ; Hi I am running Windows Media Centre, and have gone through 4 x USB Wireless adapaters, all different brands. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers when changing cards however I think the networking side is cirrupt as the card ...

  1. How do I uninstall all networking componenets and reinstall

    Hi
    I am running Windows Media Centre, and have gone through 4 x USB Wireless
    adapaters, all different brands. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers
    when changing cards however I think the networking side is cirrupt as the
    card I would like to stay with, EnGenius EUB-362 USB 2.0, has problems. I get
    code 10 error, device can not start, if I unplug and reinsert it is fine,
    connects but then drops connection after a short while and not reconnect, a
    reboot does the same thing, sometimes it slows the machine down to close to
    hanging, other times hangs the machine. Card is fine as have tested on
    another machine as works 100%. I would like to completely remove networking
    and reinstall, how do I do this?
    Thanks

  2. Re: How do I uninstall all networking componenets and reinstall

    Hi
    You can try to refresh the Network components,
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    However I would switch to a PCI card. When using USB Wireless trouble cam
    come form the Wireless to the USB aspect of the computer, while the PCI
    usually does not present any issue.
    There are inexpensive PCI cards with extended external Antenna
    Example, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833315041
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Brad McWilliams" McWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A20B7B60-A4DD-4A5C-83B6-E0273E7A252E@microsoft.com...
    > Hi
    > I am running Windows Media Centre, and have gone through 4 x USB Wireless
    > adapaters, all different brands. I have installed and uninstalled the
    > drivers
    > when changing cards however I think the networking side is cirrupt as the
    > card I would like to stay with, EnGenius EUB-362 USB 2.0, has problems. I
    > get
    > code 10 error, device can not start, if I unplug and reinsert it is fine,
    > connects but then drops connection after a short while and not reconnect,
    > reboot does the same thing, sometimes it slows the machine down to close
    > hanging, other times hangs the machine. Card is fine as have tested on
    > another machine as works 100%. I would like to completely remove
    > networking
    > and reinstall, how do I do this?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread