sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on sharing - Wireless ; can I share a printer my printer is connected to my pc which runs windows xp and my laptop runs vista both are connected wirelessly...

  1. sharing

    can I share a printer
    my printer is connected to my pc which runs windows xp

    and my laptop runs vista
    both are connected wirelessly

  2. Re: sharing

    Yes. Verify that Network Connection properties include file and print
    services for Microsoft network - rigjt-click printer and select sharing
    option and set share printer.

    "geoff" wrote in message
    > can I share a printer
    > my printer is connected to my pc which runs windows xp
    >
    > and my laptop runs vista
    > both are connected wirelessly

  3. Re: sharing

    Hi
    The Sharing and Printing trough the Network is Not a function of Wire or
    Wireless. If both computers can use the Internet, it is a matter of Correct
    File Sharing, and Printing Configuration.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "geoff" wrote in message
    > can I share a printer
    > my printer is connected to my pc which runs windows xp
    >
    > and my laptop runs vista
    > both are connected wirelessly

  4. Re: sharing

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:10:03 -0800, geoff
    wrote:

    >can I share a printer
    >my printer is connected to my pc which runs windows xp
    >
    >and my laptop runs vista
    >both are connected wirelessly

    You can share between computers running Vista and XP. There will be a few
    challenges, some of which are documented by Microsoft, others which are not.

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.