Upgrade to N router - Wireless

This is a discussion on Upgrade to N router - Wireless ; I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N Home Broadband Router WRT150N . I already have a gigafast adapter. My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well? Thanks in advance. Just me...

  1. Upgrade to N router

    I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N
    Home Broadband Router WRT150N .
    I already have a gigafast adapter.

    My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well?

    Thanks in advance.
    Just me

  2. Re: Upgrade to N router

    JustMe wrote:
    > I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N
    > Home Broadband Router WRT150N .
    > I already have a gigafast adapter.
    >
    > My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Just me

    No.

    But instead of buying a WRT150N, just send the $125.00 to me. You'll
    get the same results from your wireless network.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

  3. Re: Upgrade to N router

    "JustMe" wrote in message
    news:1194648572.137479.288320@t8g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...
    >I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N
    > Home Broadband Router WRT150N .
    > I already have a gigafast adapter.
    >
    > My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Just me

    If you want to run N, then yes. Otherwise, why bother?
    Jim

  4. Re: Upgrade to N router

    Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#MIMO
    P.S. It is Not fair to send all if it to Lem, send half to me : )
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "JustMe" wrote in message
    news:1194648572.137479.288320@t8g2000prg.googlegro ups.com...
    >I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N
    > Home Broadband Router WRT150N .
    > I already have a gigafast adapter.
    >
    > My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Just me

  5. Re: Upgrade to N router

    JustMe wrote:
    > I am thinking of upgrading my wirless router to a Linksys Wireless-N
    > Home Broadband Router WRT150N .
    > I already have a gigafast adapter.
    >
    > My question is, do I have to upgrade the adapter as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Just me

    What are you connecting to? If you're using a home network & connecting to a
    shared broadband connection, don't bother - you won't see any speed benefit.

+ Reply to Thread