Norton AV 2007 - Wireless

This is a discussion on Norton AV 2007 - Wireless ; Did an update for NAV 2007 on my dell laptop with Vista Home and the internet connections were hosed. Had to unistall NAV...Got another AV (Avast) and all is well. Apparently the update locked out the wireless router and changing ...

  1. Norton AV 2007

    Did an update for NAV 2007 on my dell laptop with Vista Home and the internet
    connections were hosed. Had to unistall NAV...Got another AV (Avast) and all
    is well. Apparently the update locked out the wireless router and changing
    the NAV settings wouldn't fix it. I then got a NAV error, "Error, uninstall
    and reinstall NAV."
    If you have NAV the most recent security update is so secure you can't
    connect afterwords...
    --
    The bear truth

  2. Re: Norton AV 2007

    Hi
    There is probably some components of NAV still running in background.
    Look at the Startup and the Services to make sure that every thing is out.
    This might help too in the process of taking every thing out,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    After cleaning Reboot and do Network Repair if needed.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kodiak" wrote in message
    > Did an update for NAV 2007 on my dell laptop with Vista Home and the
    > internet
    > connections were hosed. Had to unistall NAV...Got another AV (Avast) and
    > all
    > is well. Apparently the update locked out the wireless router and changing
    > the NAV settings wouldn't fix it. I then got a NAV error, "Error,
    > uninstall
    > and reinstall NAV."
    > If you have NAV the most recent security update is so secure you can't
    > connect afterwords...
    > --
    > The bear truth

+ Reply to Thread