wireless deployment as part of SOE image for notebook users - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless deployment as part of SOE image for notebook users - Wireless ; Hello, I am building an SOE and am wondering how I can setup an open WEP wireless connection on my 1000 notebook users as part of the SOE or something that can quickly run after setup. Group policy will not ...

  1. wireless deployment as part of SOE image for notebook users

    Hello,

    I am building an SOE and am wondering how I can setup an open WEP
    wireless connection on my 1000 notebook users as part of the SOE or
    something that can quickly run after setup. Group policy will not allow
    me to enter a WEP key password, and generally having issues setting this
    up anyway.

    I would like to have this ready for the user so they can take the
    notebook away after it has been re-imaged and have the wireless working
    ready to be used without needing to do anything.

    Cheers,

  2. Re: wireless deployment as part of SOE image for notebook users

    I am using Windows XP.

    Phoenix wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am building an SOE and am wondering how I can setup an open WEP
    > wireless connection on my 1000 notebook users as part of the SOE or
    > something that can quickly run after setup. Group policy will not allow
    > me to enter a WEP key password, and generally having issues setting this
    > up anyway.
    >
    > I would like to have this ready for the user so they can take the
    > notebook away after it has been re-imaged and have the wireless working
    > ready to be used without needing to do anything.
    >

    > Cheers,

  3. Re: wireless deployment as part of SOE image for notebook users

    Just curious, but if you want an open network, why WEP? Well, I supose WEP
    is almost as open as no encryption at all...

    "Phoenix" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am building an SOE and am wondering how I can setup an open WEP wireless
    > connection on my 1000 notebook users as part of the SOE or something that
    > can quickly run after setup. Group policy will not allow me to enter a
    > WEP key password, and generally having issues setting this up anyway.
    >
    > I would like to have this ready for the user so they can take the notebook
    > away after it has been re-imaged and have the wireless working ready to be
    > used without needing to do anything.
    >

    > Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread