vista comp drops internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on vista comp drops internet - Wireless ; using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I hardwired the comp just to ...

  1. vista comp drops internet

    using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

  2. Re: vista comp drops internet

    Have you check if there is a new firmware for the router? This search result
    may help too.

    Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or
    routers may not compatible with Vista - Solutions: upgrade the firmware,
    disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    wrote in message
    news:1194386130.667654.214060@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

  3. Re: vista comp drops internet

    On Nov 6, 10:09 pm, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
    wrote:
    > Have you check if there is a new firmware for the router? This search result
    > may help too.
    >
    > Vista incompatible issuesVista Incompatible issues. 1. Some switches or
    > routers may not compatible with Vista - Solutions: upgrade the firmware,
    > disable the IPv6, re-configure the ...
    > www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistacompatible.htm
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >
    > wrote in message
    >
    > news:1194386130.667654.214060@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >

    > > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    > > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    > > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    > > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    > > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    > > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    > > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    > > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

    it is supposed to be compatible acc to linksys.I had trouble with the
    firmware but I'm trying that later.thanks,

  4. Re: vista comp drops internet

    Hi
    If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
    out wireless problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1194386130.667654.214060@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks

  5. Re: vista comp drops internet

    On Nov 7, 3:39 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
    > out wireless problem.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > wrote in message
    >
    > news:1194386130.667654.214060@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >

    > > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    > > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    > > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    > > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    > > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    > > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    > > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    > > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

    I did that, it worked fine.Still need to try firmware,my wife is
    working from home so I have to wait till she is done.thanks for the
    reply

  6. Re: vista comp drops internet

    On Nov 7, 4:22 pm, "frenc...@patmedia.net"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 7, 3:39 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > If the computer is connected Wirelessly try temporarily with a wire to rule
    > > out wireless problem.
    > > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > > wrote in message

    > >news:1194386130.667654.214060@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...

    > > > using a wrt54g v2 linksys router.the xpcomp using this router has no
    > > > problems at all.the new vista computer drops internet when changing
    > > > to a diff website.it waits for up to 30 45 sec then reconnects.I
    > > > hardwired the comp just to check it and it works fine.actually this
    > > > comp worked ok for a while till recently.once in a while I have to
    > > > shut down or at least disconnect the route/modem to reconnect.I have
    > > > googled many times and have not seen any answers.I see tons of
    > > > problems some similar to mine but no anser.thanks- Hide quoted text -

    > I did that, it worked fine.Still need to try firmware,my wife is
    > working from home so I have to wait till she is done.thanks for the
    > reply- Hide quoted text -

    I can't update firmware.I tried a few diff ones linksys and some
    hacked free ones.won't unzip for some reason,some error

+ Reply to Thread