Vista displays wrong filename - Wireless

This is a discussion on Vista displays wrong filename - Wireless ; I have Windows XP Home as my file server with Vista running on a laptop connected wirelessly. On the XP box I shared a folder called "Users 2007-11-05 07;54;51". >From my Vista box I can see that folder, edit the ...

  1. Vista displays wrong filename

    I have Windows XP Home as my file server with Vista running on a
    laptop connected wirelessly.

    On the XP box I shared a folder called "Users 2007-11-05 07;54;51".
    >From my Vista box I can see that folder, edit the name and edit files

    inside that folder. Howerver, the name is only "Users". Even when I
    apparently edit the folder name on the XP box, the name when viewed
    directly from the XP box doesn't change.

    Is Vista changing the name or something and not showing me the time
    stamp of the XP share?

    Thank you,
    Tod

  2. Re: Vista displays wrong filename

    It could be the Vista index. Do you have the same issue if disable index
    from Add/Remove Applications?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "bighead" wrote in message
    news:1194365629.496686.26260@d55g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have Windows XP Home as my file server with Vista running on a
    > laptop connected wirelessly.
    >
    > On the XP box I shared a folder called "Users 2007-11-05 07;54;51".
    >>From my Vista box I can see that folder, edit the name and edit files

    > inside that folder. Howerver, the name is only "Users". Even when I
    > apparently edit the folder name on the XP box, the name when viewed
    > directly from the XP box doesn't change.
    >
    > Is Vista changing the name or something and not showing me the time
    > stamp of the XP share?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Tod

+ Reply to Thread