How do I set up a wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on How do I set up a wireless network - Wireless ; Hi I just recieved my HP Pavillion Laptop yesterday and wanted to set up a wireless network today. I did what i could but then it says to configure it automatically. I tired to do that but i don't know ...

  1. How do I set up a wireless network

    Hi

    I just recieved my HP Pavillion Laptop yesterday and wanted to set up a
    wireless network today. I did what i could but then it says to configure it
    automatically. I tired to do that but i don't know what to put for the
    password. Can someone please tell me step by step how to connect my computer
    to a wireless conection?

  2. Re: How do I set up a wireless network

    Who setup your wireless router or AP? Do you have a password?

    How to configure your wireless connection in Windows XP
    http://www.wifimvp.com/howto/setwireless1.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "loolchickens" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I just recieved my HP Pavillion Laptop yesterday and wanted to set up a
    > wireless network today. I did what i could but then it says to configure
    > it
    > automatically. I tired to do that but i don't know what to put for the
    > password. Can someone please tell me step by step how to connect my
    > computer
    > to a wireless conection?

  3. Re: How do I set up a wireless network

    On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 04:58:01 -0800, loolchickens
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I just recieved my HP Pavillion Laptop yesterday and wanted to set up a
    >wireless network today. I did what i could but then it says to configure it
    >automatically. I tired to do that but i don't know what to put for the
    >password. Can someone please tell me step by step how to connect my computer
    >to a wireless conection?

    What you need to use for the password depends upon what WiFi equipment and
    software you're using. Knowing what you need to do starts with knowing what the
    equipment that you have is capable of doing.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/1...-wifi-lan.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: How do I set up a wireless network

    Hi
    The content of these three pages would help you to master the Wireless
    aspects of your computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "loolchickens" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I just recieved my HP Pavillion Laptop yesterday and wanted to set up a
    > wireless network today. I did what i could but then it says to configure
    > it
    > automatically. I tired to do that but i don't know what to put for the
    > password. Can someone please tell me step by step how to connect my
    > computer
    > to a wireless conection?

+ Reply to Thread