setup of multiple access points - Wireless

This is a discussion on setup of multiple access points - Wireless ; I have three access points connected to our firewall/router (using a hub). Currently, each one has a unique SSID and is using a different channel (2, 6 and 11). These are spread around the office building. Would it be better ...

  1. setup of multiple access points

    I have three access points connected to our firewall/router (using a
    hub). Currently, each one has a unique SSID and is using a different
    channel (2, 6 and 11). These are spread around the office building.

    Would it be better to use the same SSID on all three APs; and/or would
    it be better to put all of them on the same channel?

    The wireless network is separated from our internal network; one must
    use VPN to get onto our internal network when using a wireless
    connection.

    If there is already help/advice available on this topic, a reference
    to that information would be enough help. I've searched for about 15
    minutes and haven't found what I'm looking for.

    Dan

  2. Re: setup of multiple access points

    give them all the same SSID and the sane WPA2/WPA passphrase. use
    channels 1-6-11 and you should be able to roam throughout the
    building.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP