XP forget my WPA-PSK network key, why? - Wireless

This is a discussion on XP forget my WPA-PSK network key, why? - Wireless ; Hi people, I've one question for you: my new Vaio is beautiful and work fine but I've a little problem with the XP wireless management. At home I've a wlan with WPA-PSK protection and, after I've set my network key, ...

  1. XP forget my WPA-PSK network key, why?

    Hi people, I've one question for you: my new Vaio is beautiful and
    work fine but I've a little problem with the XP wireless management.
    At home I've a wlan with WPA-PSK protection and, after I've set my
    network key, all is OK.
    At my office I've a wlan without protection and work fine.
    BUT, when I return at home, sometimes, I need to re-enter my network
    key to reconnect.
    I've trial to see my key with a little utility called
    'WirelessKeyView' (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html) and
    effectively the SSID key when work is different that doesn't work. If
    I re-enter the key all is OK again.
    The network key on the AP is the same, but XP (always SP2, with and
    without patch) forget the network key for my SSID. The SSID is
    specific and used only on my home, I'm sure.
    I haven't utility that manage the connection (only WZC) and I already
    try with another computer (a old Dell, with another wireless adapter)
    with same result.

    Why? I don't want re-enter often my network key...

    I've much search on web, but I've find nothing of relevant.

    Many thanks for your attention.

  2. Re: XP forget my WPA-PSK network key, why?

    Max wrote:
    > Hi people, I've one question for you: my new Vaio is beautiful and
    > work fine but I've a little problem with the XP wireless management.
    > At home I've a wlan with WPA-PSK protection and, after I've set my
    > network key, all is OK.
    > At my office I've a wlan without protection and work fine.

    Youch - is this actually an open access point on your business network? That
    wouldn't sound fine to me at all!

    > BUT, when I return at home, sometimes, I need to re-enter my network
    > key to reconnect.
    > I've trial to see my key with a little utility called
    > 'WirelessKeyView' (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html) and
    > effectively the SSID key when work is different that doesn't work. If
    > I re-enter the key all is OK again.
    > The network key on the AP is the same, but XP (always SP2, with and
    > without patch) forget the network key for my SSID. The SSID is
    > specific and used only on my home, I'm sure.
    > I haven't utility that manage the connection (only WZC) and I already
    > try with another computer (a old Dell, with another wireless adapter)
    > with same result.
    >
    > Why? I don't want re-enter often my network key...
    >
    > I've much search on web, but I've find nothing of relevant.
    >
    > Many thanks for your attention.

    Did you actually *uninstall* Sony's built-in wireless management
    application? I would (even if you already think you've disabled it).

+ Reply to Thread