2 wireless devices (router, access point).. if both on Remote desktop pauses every few minutes.. - Wireless

This is a discussion on 2 wireless devices (router, access point).. if both on Remote desktop pauses every few minutes.. - Wireless ; I have a dlink N1 router.. the wireless is set to a different channel than the other device.. it is in N mode only right now too.. I also have a dlink G700AP, access point, sitting ontop of that guy.. ...

  1. 2 wireless devices (router, access point).. if both on Remote desktop pauses every few minutes..

    I have a dlink N1 router.. the wireless is set to a different channel
    than the other device.. it is in N mode only right now too..

    I also have a dlink G700AP, access point, sitting ontop of that guy..
    providing B/G access to my place..

    If i sit in the other room.. i get a nice 60 mbps connection with the
    N1.. while with the WAP i get about 17.8 on average..

    With both devices on.. I connect to a remote desktop session, via my
    N1 PC card in the laptop.. it will timeout after a few minutes.. but
    spring back to life shortly.. i know this, as i'm typing away on the
    remote pc and it will stop typing for about 40 seconds, every so
    often..

    The same thing happens if i try to connect to WAP point via the
    laptops built in wireless..

    However, if i turn off the wap and leave the n1 router on, using the
    pc card, seems ok for the most part...

    Does this sound like a conflict between the two, despite trying
    different combos of different channels? I wouldnt think it would
    matter that they are in the same room either with diff. channels?

    Has anyone run into this and found a fix?

    I'm using this setup, because my pda phone only has a B card built in,
    i dont want to slow down my N network to 14 mbps speeds when the pda
    is connected etc...

    Thanks

  2. Re: 2 wireless devices (router, access point).. if both on Remote desktop pauses every few minutes..

    Hi
    Put the second Access Point elsewhere preferably not in the same room with
    the other device.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "markm75" wrote in message
    news:1193795412.868589.297200@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have a dlink N1 router.. the wireless is set to a different channel
    > than the other device.. it is in N mode only right now too..
    >
    > I also have a dlink G700AP, access point, sitting ontop of that guy..
    > providing B/G access to my place..
    >
    > If i sit in the other room.. i get a nice 60 mbps connection with the
    > N1.. while with the WAP i get about 17.8 on average..
    >
    > With both devices on.. I connect to a remote desktop session, via my
    > N1 PC card in the laptop.. it will timeout after a few minutes.. but
    > spring back to life shortly.. i know this, as i'm typing away on the
    > remote pc and it will stop typing for about 40 seconds, every so
    > often..
    >
    > The same thing happens if i try to connect to WAP point via the
    > laptops built in wireless..
    >
    > However, if i turn off the wap and leave the n1 router on, using the
    > pc card, seems ok for the most part...
    >
    > Does this sound like a conflict between the two, despite trying
    > different combos of different channels? I wouldnt think it would
    > matter that they are in the same room either with diff. channels?
    >
    > Has anyone run into this and found a fix?
    >
    > I'm using this setup, because my pda phone only has a B card built in,
    > i dont want to slow down my N network to 14 mbps speeds when the pda
    > is connected etc...
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread