problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router - Wireless

This is a discussion on problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router - Wireless ; Hi all Hope you can help. I am having a problem with a corega wlbargp wireless router, we got given it, we didn't know the password for setting up( i did try username: root password: ) didn't work so i ...

  1. problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    Hi all
    Hope you can help. I am having a problem with a corega wlbargp wireless
    router, we got given it, we didn't know the password for setting up( i did
    try username: root password: ) didn't work so i thought someone had
    changed the username/password. found the manual on the net and followed the
    instructions for reseting. restarted everything but the password and username
    still will not work. Is it possible this can be connected to any setting on
    my computer,(reason i ask is that i have had this problem with another
    wireless router(netgear wgr614) and i have reset it and the default
    username/password will not work.both routers work perfectly as a wired router.
    This is driving my nuts as my pc/network knowledge is reasonable and we have
    been running networks at home for at least the last 7 years.

  2. Re: problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    enroh wrote:
    > Hi all
    > Hope you can help. I am having a problem with a corega wlbargp wireless
    > router, we got given it, we didn't know the password for setting up( i did
    > try username: root password: ) didn't work so i thought someone had
    > changed the username/password. found the manual on the net and followed the
    > instructions for reseting. restarted everything but the password and username
    > still will not work. Is it possible this can be connected to any setting on
    > my computer,(reason i ask is that i have had this problem with another
    > wireless router(netgear wgr614) and i have reset it and the default
    > username/password will not work.both routers work perfectly as a wired router.
    > This is driving my nuts as my pc/network knowledge is reasonable and we have
    > been running networks at home for at least the last 7 years.

    Sometimes router reset needs to be "encouraged" a little bit. Try this
    sequence:

    1. With router powered on, press and hold reset button. Keep reset
    button depressed for this entire sequence.
    2. With reset button depressed, wait 30 seconds, then disconnect power
    3. Keeping reset button depressed, connect power to router
    4. Keep reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds
    5. With reset button still depressed, disconnect power. Now you can let
    go of the button.

    If that doesn't work, try leaving the user name blank (instead of "root").

    I don't know what you mean by, "Is it possible this can be connected to
    any setting on my computer."
    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 4KB of RAM and 72KB of ROM.

  3. Re: problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    Hi Lem,
    Thanks for your advice,was able to sign in after following your instructions
    and then changed the settings i needed to change. The question about settings
    on the computer was me clutching at straws. Next i will try it on my other
    netgear router with the same symtoms and hope it works as well.

    your help was very much appreciated
    cheers tony

    Lem wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >> Hope you can help. I am having a problem with a corega wlbargp wireless

    >[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
    >> This is driving my nuts as my pc/network knowledge is reasonable and we have
    >> been running networks at home for at least the last 7 years.

    >Sometimes router reset needs to be "encouraged" a little bit. Try this
    >sequence:
    >
    >1. With router powered on, press and hold reset button. Keep reset
    >button depressed for this entire sequence.
    >2. With reset button depressed, wait 30 seconds, then disconnect power
    >3. Keeping reset button depressed, connect power to router
    >4. Keep reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds
    >5. With reset button still depressed, disconnect power. Now you can let
    >go of the button.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, try leaving the user name blank (instead of "root").
    >
    >I don't know what you mean by, "Is it possible this can be connected to
    >any setting on my computer."

  4. Re: problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    enroh via WindowsKB.com wrote:
    > Hi Lem,
    > Thanks for your advice,was able to sign in after following your instructions
    > and then changed the settings i needed to change. The question about settings
    > on the computer was me clutching at straws. Next i will try it on my other
    > netgear router with the same symtoms and hope it works as well.
    >
    > your help was very much appreciated
    > cheers tony
    >
    > Lem wrote:
    >>> Hi all
    >>> Hope you can help. I am having a problem with a corega wlbargp wireless

    >> [quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
    >>> This is driving my nuts as my pc/network knowledge is reasonable and we have
    >>> been running networks at home for at least the last 7 years.

    >> Sometimes router reset needs to be "encouraged" a little bit. Try this
    >> sequence:
    >>
    >> 1. With router powered on, press and hold reset button. Keep reset
    >> button depressed for this entire sequence.
    >> 2. With reset button depressed, wait 30 seconds, then disconnect power
    >> 3. Keeping reset button depressed, connect power to router
    >> 4. Keep reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds
    >> 5. With reset button still depressed, disconnect power. Now you can let
    >> go of the button.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work, try leaving the user name blank (instead of "root").
    >>
    >> I don't know what you mean by, "Is it possible this can be connected to
    >> any setting on my computer."

    Glad it worked. Probably not all of those steps were really needed, but
    which part did the trick? ¿Quién sabe?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 4KB of RAM and 72KB of ROM.

  5. Re: problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    hi Lem,
    By holding the reset button and powering it on and off seemed to reset the
    router properly and then allowed the default username and password to be used.
    It only worked on the corega and did not work on the netgear wireless router
    i have with the same problem, although in the case of the netgear i cannot
    even get the login page to come up at all. but it still works as a wired
    router.

    Cheers tony

    Lem wrote:
    >> Hi Lem,
    >> Thanks for your advice,was able to sign in after following your instructions

    >[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]
    >>> I don't know what you mean by, "Is it possible this can be connected to
    >>> any setting on my computer."

    >Glad it worked. Probably not all of those steps were really needed, but
    >which part did the trick? ¿Quién sabe?

  6. Re: problems setting up corega cg-wlbargp wireless router

    Try asking here: http://forum1.netgear.com/