HELP - Wireless

This is a discussion on HELP - Wireless ; I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns address. Why?...

  1. HELP

    I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
    local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    address. Why?

  2. Re: HELP

    If you don't setup security on wireless, can you access it? Or post the
    result of ipconfig /all here.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Curious Amy" Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet.
    >My
    > local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    > address. Why?

  3. Re: HELP

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:19:01 -0700, Curious Amy Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
    >local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    >address. Why?

    Amy,

    A few details here would greatly help. We aren't there beside you.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

    Are there other computers beside this one? How long have you had this one? Has
    it ever worked? If so, what did you change recently?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-tutorial.html

    You could maybe diagnose the problem, using a log from "ipconfig /all".

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  4. Re: HELP

    Hi
    Following the process as describe on these page might help to find the
    problem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Curious Amy" Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet.
    >My
    > local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
    > address. Why?

+ Reply to Thread