wireless networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless networking - Wireless ; My desk top running XP is hardwired to Linksys wireless adapter and cable modem. My laptop is wireless. I can connect to internet and to laptop with desktop. I can connect to internet with laptop but not to desktop. I ...

  1. wireless networking

    My desk top running XP is hardwired to Linksys wireless adapter and cable
    modem. My laptop is wireless. I can connect to internet and to laptop with
    desktop. I can connect to internet with laptop but not to desktop. I want
    to share printer that is hardwired to desktop. Have done all the file and
    printer sharing configurations but still no joy on printer sharing. HELP!

  2. Re: wireless networking

    I would check the firewall first. Or this troubleshooting may help.

    Access issues"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the
    resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission
    to use this network ...
    www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "benw" wrote in message
    > My desk top running XP is hardwired to Linksys wireless adapter and cable
    > modem. My laptop is wireless. I can connect to internet and to laptop
    > with
    > desktop. I can connect to internet with laptop but not to desktop. I
    > want
    > to share printer that is hardwired to desktop. Have done all the file and
    > printer sharing configurations but still no joy on printer sharing. HELP!

  3. Re: wireless networking

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:06:00 -0700, benw wrote:

    >My desk top running XP is hardwired to Linksys wireless adapter and cable
    >modem. My laptop is wireless. I can connect to internet and to laptop with
    >desktop. I can connect to internet with laptop but not to desktop. I want
    >to share printer that is hardwired to desktop. Have done all the file and
    >printer sharing configurations but still no joy on printer sharing. HELP!

    Networking 2 (or more) computers is frequently a challenge, and when you involve
    WiFi connectivity, it can get more frustrating. Some more detail about your
    network would help here.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

    You could try basic network troubleshooting.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/1...isibility.html

    Or, we could look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config
    server", and "net config workstation", from each computer, and diagnose the
    problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (download browstat!):

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT