Searching for Wifi Network in XP - Wireless

This is a discussion on Searching for Wifi Network in XP - Wireless ; I am trying to 'find' my LAN network and as I have never done this before consulted the XP Help and Support. The instruction starts as follows: ================================= To connect to an available wireless network 1.. Open Network Connections. 2.. ...

  1. Searching for Wifi Network in XP

    =================================

    To connect to an available wireless network

    1.. Open Network Connections.
    2.. Click the wireless network connection icon, and then, under Network
    Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    3.. Choose the wireless network from the list that appears, and then click
    Connect.
    4.. =============================
    The problem is that when I open Network Connections there is NO network
    connection icon - as far as I can see!

    Can anyone help me find it?

    Thanks,

    Noel

  2. Re: Searching for Wifi Network in XP

    Open Device manager. Do you have any NIC listed under Network Adapters?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    "Noel S Pamfree" wrote in message
    >I am trying to 'find' my LAN network and as I have never done this before
    >consulted the XP Help and Support.
    >
    > The instruction starts as follows:
    > =================================
    >
    > To connect to an available wireless network
    >
    > 1.. Open Network Connections.
    > 2.. Click the wireless network connection icon, and then, under Network
    > Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    > 3.. Choose the wireless network from the list that appears, and then
    > click Connect.
    > 4.. =============================
    > The problem is that when I open Network Connections there is NO network
    > connection icon - as far as I can see!
    >
    > Can anyone help me find it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Noel

  3. Re: Searching for Wifi Network in XP

    Under Network Adapters I have the following:

    Broadcom 440 x 10/100 Integrated Controller.

    Noel

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    > Open Device manager. Do you have any NIC listed under Network Adapters?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >

    > "Noel S Pamfree" wrote in message
    >>I am trying to 'find' my LAN network and as I have never done this before
    >>consulted the XP Help and Support.
    >>
    >> The instruction starts as follows:
    >> =================================
    >>
    >> To connect to an available wireless network
    >>
    >> 1.. Open Network Connections.
    >> 2.. Click the wireless network connection icon, and then, under Network
    >> Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    >> 3.. Choose the wireless network from the list that appears, and then
    >> click Connect.
    >> 4.. =============================
    >> The problem is that when I open Network Connections there is NO network
    >> connection icon - as far as I can see!
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me find it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Noel

  4. Re: Searching for Wifi Network in XP

    Hi
    Seem that you have an installed Wireless adapter.
    To further continue the process read these pages.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > Under Network Adapters I have the following:
    >
    > Broadcom 440 x 10/100 Integrated Controller.
    >
    > Noel
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
    >> Open Device manager. Do you have any NIC listed under Network Adapters?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >>

    >> "Noel S Pamfree" wrote in message
    >>>I am trying to 'find' my LAN network and as I have never done this before
    >>>consulted the XP Help and Support.
    >>>
    >>> The instruction starts as follows:
    >>> =================================
    >>>
    >>> To connect to an available wireless network
    >>>
    >>> 1.. Open Network Connections.
    >>> 2.. Click the wireless network connection icon, and then, under Network
    >>> Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    >>> 3.. Choose the wireless network from the list that appears, and then
    >>> click Connect.
    >>> The problem is that when I open Network Connections there is NO network
    >>> connection icon - as far as I can see!
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me find it?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Noel