HELP D-Link 604T wireless routers - Wireless

This is a discussion on HELP D-Link 604T wireless routers - Wireless ; I have an D-Linl G604T wirelsee router and I cant share files or printers. I have done all the things am tould to do asto sharing and home networking or does that aply to LAN cards hooked up together. How ...

  1. HELP D-Link 604T wireless routers

    I have an D-Linl G604T wirelsee router and I cant share files or printers. I
    have done all the things am tould to do asto sharing and home networking or
    does that aply to LAN cards hooked up together. How can I get them to share
    files and printers ?
    Reards Wills

  2. Re: HELP D-Link 604T wireless routers

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:20:00 -0700, to jimmy s
    wrote:

    >I have an D-Linl G604T wirelsee router and I cant share files or printers. I
    >have done all the things am tould to do asto sharing and home networking or
    >does that aply to LAN cards hooked up together. How can I get them to share
    >files and printers ?
    >Reards Wills

    Wills,

    Please start with a better description of your network - what hardware and
    operating system is on each computer, and how each is connected.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

    Next look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    and "net config workstation", from each computer, and diagnose the problem.
    Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely
    (download browstat!):

    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  3. Re: HELP D-Link 604T wireless routers

    Hi
    The Router per-se has nothing to do with Sharing Printer and files.
    If the computers that are connected to the Router can surf the Internet,
    then it is a matter of configuring each computer Sharing.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "to jimmy s" wrote in message
    >I have an D-Linl G604T wirelsee router and I cant share files or printers.
    > have done all the things am tould to do asto sharing and home networking
    > or
    > does that aply to LAN cards hooked up together. How can I get them to
    > share
    > files and printers ?
    > Reards Wills

+ Reply to Thread