Can't see a straight explanation of this dialogue in my help files, so am
not sure how to interpret the readings (nor why it disappears from time to
time though still connected...)

XP Pro pc via wireless router to cable internet.

Dialogue says: Activity Internet / Internet Gateway / My Computer
For IG: Sent 13,637,762 Received 133,275,116
My Computer: Sent 3,874 Received 13,297

How exactly are these figures related? There seems to be a 'thirteen'
similarity, but why is the router sending over 300 times more than the pc is
passing to it, and receiving 1000 times more than is being passed to the pc?
Where are all those extra packets going in the router?

As the 'properties' sheet associated with the dialogue seems to contain next
to no information I'd appreciate an explanation.

Cheers,