Need import Wep Key - Wireless

This is a discussion on Need import Wep Key - Wireless ; I work with serveral users and sometimes you need to replace HDs or reimage there laptops I need to know were XP stores the wep key for thier wireless networks. I would like to restore that for them as many ...

  1. Need import Wep Key

    I work with serveral users and sometimes you need to replace HDs or reimage
    there laptops I need to know were XP stores the wep key for thier wireless
    networks. I would like to restore that for them as many users just forget
    the wep.

  2. Re: Need import Wep Key

    WEP isn't safe. You should encourage users to switch to using WPA2
    or at least WPA. You can setup a network using a USB flash key and
    store the info on it for future use. This works with both XP and
    Vista.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP