my laptop does not show wireless icon - Wireless

This is a discussion on my laptop does not show wireless icon - Wireless ; can anyone help me please? I recently bought my son a laptop which needed access to the internet. I bought a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router and set it up to my desktop pc. My son's laptop was then quickly ...

  1. my laptop does not show wireless icon

    can anyone help me please?

    I recently bought my son a laptop which needed access to the internet. I
    bought a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router and set it up to my desktop pc. My
    son's laptop was then quickly added to the network and is working fine. I
    thought it a good idea to connect my older Acer laptop to the network and
    took it to a computer repair outlet to have a 54mpbs PCMCIA Wireless lan
    adapter installed. Now I have got it back I thought I would be able to
    connect to my network easily but windows does not show a wireless connection
    in network tasks. I am a total novice to this, can anyone tell me step by
    step how to connect? I visited Netgears support site and it showed a small
    flashing icon which should show in the bottom right corner but my laptop does
    not show it. any help appreciated.

  2. Re: my laptop does not show wireless icon

    Hi
    There can be many reasons for it, so you would have to do some reading and
    become you own expert.
    The content of these pages can serve as a general mini tutorial.
    Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).l

    "Tractor girl" wrote in message
    > can anyone help me please?
    >
    > I recently bought my son a laptop which needed access to the internet. I
    > bought a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router and set it up to my desktop pc.
    > My
    > son's laptop was then quickly added to the network and is working fine. I
    > thought it a good idea to connect my older Acer laptop to the network and
    > took it to a computer repair outlet to have a 54mpbs PCMCIA Wireless lan
    > adapter installed. Now I have got it back I thought I would be able to
    > connect to my network easily but windows does not show a wireless
    > connection
    > in network tasks. I am a total novice to this, can anyone tell me step by
    > step how to connect? I visited Netgears support site and it showed a
    > small
    > flashing icon which should show in the bottom right corner but my laptop
    > does
    > not show it. any help appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread