'...configure my wireless network settings' disabled - Wireless

This is a discussion on '...configure my wireless network settings' disabled - Wireless ; Hi The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network. I have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use the application ...

  1. '...configure my wireless network settings' disabled

    Hi

    The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will
    automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network. I
    have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use
    the application that came with the driver, therefore I have only instilled
    the driver for the network card.

    Any ideas how to stop it from disabling itself?

    Any assistance is much appreciated.

    --
    LifeOnMars

  2. Re: '...configure my wireless network settings' disabled

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 03:33:03 -0700, Shehbaz Afzal
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will
    >automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network. I
    >have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use
    >the application that came with the driver, therefore I have only instilled
    >the driver for the network card.
    >
    >Any ideas how to stop it from disabling itself?
    >
    >Any assistance is much appreciated.

    Shehbaz,

    Your preferences not withstanding, when you install software and selectively
    don't install some components, you may cause problems. Also, some WiFi drivers
    will conflict with the Windows drivers, and with WZC. Make sure that only ONE
    WiFi service manages the WiFi card.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...-one-wifi.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: '...configure my wireless network settings' disabled

    Hi
    Some Wireless cards would not install correctly if the Drivers are Not
    installed together with the Utility.
    Log first to the manufacturer support's site and download the latest drivers
    and then install it as is.
    Once installed if it starts the card's native utility look at the Startup
    and the running processes, and disable the utility from starting the next
    time that you reboot.
    To check the installation integrity follow this page,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Disabling StartUp and processes here,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Switching On WZC here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Shehbaz Afzal" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > The 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings' option will
    > automatically disable itself when I try to connect to a wireless network.
    > have not installed any devices nor software recently and prefer not to use
    > the application that came with the driver, therefore I have only instilled
    > the driver for the network card.
    >
    > Any ideas how to stop it from disabling itself?
    >
    > Any assistance is much appreciated.
    >

    > --
    > LifeOnMars

+ Reply to Thread