wireless adapter not installed and configured - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless adapter not installed and configured - Wireless ; I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out of nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the ...

  1. wireless adapter not installed and configured

    I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out of
    nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not
    picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the
    "diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it told me I
    didn't have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I followed the steps
    to using Windows Update, but no improvement. My computer says the driver is
    fine and doesn't need updating, so where is my wireless and how do I get it
    back?

  2. Re: wireless adapter not installed and configured

    Hi
    There can be many reasons and it is hard to even guess if you do not know at
    which stage it does not function any more.
    Try this process, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "gir_and_me_07" wrote in message
    >I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out
    >of
    > nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not
    > picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the
    > "diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it told me I
    > didn't have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I followed the
    > steps
    > to using Windows Update, but no improvement. My computer says the driver
    > is
    > fine and doesn't need updating, so where is my wireless and how do I get
    > it
    > back?

  3. Re: wireless adapter not installed and configured

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:56:00 -0700,
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2lyX2FuZF9tZV8wNw==?=
    wrote:

    >I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out of
    >nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not
    >picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the
    >"diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it told me I
    >didn't have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I followed the steps
    >to using Windows Update, but no improvement. My computer says the driver is
    >fine and doesn't need updating, so where is my wireless and how do I get it
    >back?

    Are you using a laptop computer ?
    Many laptops have a --often hard to find-- switch or key
    combination to enable / disable the wireless connectivity.
    Maybe you have accidentally activated that switch ?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

  4. Re: wireless adapter not installed and configured

    "Gerard Bok" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:56:00 -0700,
    > =?Utf-8?B?Z2lyX2FuZF9tZV8wNw==?=
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out
    >>of
    >>nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not
    >>picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the
    >>"diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it told me I
    >>didn't have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I followed the
    >>steps
    >>to using Windows Update, but no improvement. My computer says the driver
    >>is
    >>fine and doesn't need updating, so where is my wireless and how do I get
    >>it
    >>back?

    > Are you using a laptop computer ?
    > Many laptops have a --often hard to find-- switch or key
    > combination to enable / disable the wireless connectivity.
    > Maybe you have accidentally activated that switch ?
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Gerard Bok

    In fact, many such adapters have a hardware disconnect and a software
    disconnect. The hardware disconnect overrides the software disconnect. As
    the OP did not mention the adapter maker or model, it is hard to say what is
    wrong.

    Jim

  5. Re: wireless adapter not installed and configured

    Hi
    Follow the process as described on this page to find the troublesome spot,
    http://www.ezlan.net/weireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Gerard Bok" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:56:00 -0700,
    > =?Utf-8?B?Z2lyX2FuZF9tZV8wNw==?=
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I was on the internet, using my wireless capability, when suddenly and out
    >>of
    >>nowhere my computer says I have no internet connection, and it was not
    >>picking up on any of the multiple available networks. When I did the
    >>"diagnose why windows cannot find any additional networks" it told me I
    >>didn't have a wireless adapter installed and configured. I followed the
    >>steps
    >>to using Windows Update, but no improvement. My computer says the driver
    >>is
    >>fine and doesn't need updating, so where is my wireless and how do I get
    >>it
    >>back?

    > Are you using a laptop computer ?
    > Many laptops have a --often hard to find-- switch or key
    > combination to enable / disable the wireless connectivity.
    > Maybe you have accidentally activated that switch ?
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Gerard Bok

+ Reply to Thread