Western Digital Sync software shuts down my Internet connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Western Digital Sync software shuts down my Internet connection - Wireless ; I have a Gateway Laptop with a Realtek Wireless 802.11g network adaptor. I bought a WD Passport portable HD that has a sync program called WD Sync. It is neat program that will sync you email, web etc. Only problem ...

  1. Western Digital Sync software shuts down my Internet connection

    I have a Gateway Laptop with a Realtek Wireless 802.11g network adaptor. I
    bought a WD Passport portable HD that has a sync program called WD Sync. It
    is neat program that will sync you email, web etc. Only problem every time I
    run the application I loose my internet connection. My wireless network
    stays up just the internet connection is lost. I restores after the Network
    adaptor is reset.

    Was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I am sure WD has sold
    thousands of these drives with this software. The company that wrote the
    software thinks it the wireless adaptor. Appreciate any feedback.
    --

  2. RE: Western Digital Sync software shuts down my Internet connection

    Yep, I'm having the very same problem..new gateway laptop, realtek adapter,
    wd sync drops the connection, disable/enable the nic restores the connection.

    I tried to get on the wdc website but it's down today...any luck resolving
    this on your end Ed?

    "Ed Walke" wrote:

    > I have a Gateway Laptop with a Realtek Wireless 802.11g network adaptor. I
    > bought a WD Passport portable HD that has a sync program called WD Sync. It
    > is neat program that will sync you email, web etc. Only problem every time I
    > run the application I loose my internet connection. My wireless network
    > stays up just the internet connection is lost. I restores after the Network
    > adaptor is reset.
    >
    > Was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I am sure WD has sold
    > thousands of these drives with this software. The company that wrote the
    > software thinks it the wireless adaptor. Appreciate any feedback.
    > --

+ Reply to Thread