Which interface am I using - Wireless

This is a discussion on Which interface am I using - Wireless ; I have a hard wired LAN connector from my PC plugged into my router. I also have a wireless PCI card in the same computer configured to talk to said router. This is probably a simple question, but it's late, ...

  1. Which interface am I using

    I have a hard wired LAN connector from my PC plugged into my router. I also
    have a wireless PCI card in the same computer configured to talk to said
    router.
    This is probably a simple question, but it's late, and I can't think
    straight.
    If both adapters are working, how do I know which one the PC is using? Is
    there a way I can specifically have it use a specific one other than
    disabling the other?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Which interface am I using

    Hi
    You can set the Stack metrics to create a preference.
    Here how, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Ron Stone" wrote in message
    >I have a hard wired LAN connector from my PC plugged into my router. I also
    >have a wireless PCI card in the same computer configured to talk to said
    >router.
    > This is probably a simple question, but it's late, and I can't think
    > straight.
    > If both adapters are working, how do I know which one the PC is using? Is
    > there a way I can specifically have it use a specific one other than
    > disabling the other?
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Which interface am I using

    Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
    I often wondered what that metric setting was for.

    > Hi
    > You can set the Stack metrics to create a preference.
    > Here how, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Ron Stone" wrote in message
    >>I have a hard wired LAN connector from my PC plugged into my router. I
    >>also have a wireless PCI card in the same computer configured to talk to
    >>said router.
    >> This is probably a simple question, but it's late, and I can't think
    >> straight.
    >> If both adapters are working, how do I know which one the PC is using?
    >> Is there a way I can specifically have it use a specific one other than
    >> disabling the other?
    >> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread