two notebook computers XP Home SP2, on both, wireless - Wireless

This is a discussion on two notebook computers XP Home SP2, on both, wireless - Wireless ; Using a wireless router for 2 wireless connected computers, Webtel 527W. ADSL, hi speed line. Verizon is IP provider. It is their router. Both computers are sharing two printers off computer A. Lately both computers seems to lose the wireless ...

  1. two notebook computers XP Home SP2, on both, wireless

    Using a wireless router for 2 wireless connected computers, Webtel 527W.
    ADSL, hi speed line.
    Verizon is IP provider. It is their router.

    Both computers are sharing two printers off computer A.

    Lately both computers seems to lose the wireless connection, not
    simultaneously but on separate occasions. Router seems OK.

    Yet we lose wireless too frequently to be random, and the only way to
    restore the congestion is via REPAIR by right clicking on the connection
    icon in the toolbar which shows a red x through it.

    Sometimes it is computer A and sometime it is computer B that loses the
    wireless. As mentioned wireless is not lost simultaneously for both
    computers.

    I use Avast Antivirus and Comodo firewall.

    Any thoughts?

    Curious
    Robert

  2. Re: two notebook computers XP Home SP2, on both, wireless

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:08:07 -0400, "Robert J. Lafayette"
    wrote:

    >Using a wireless router for 2 wireless connected computers, Webtel 527W.
    >ADSL, hi speed line.
    >Verizon is IP provider. It is their router.
    >
    >Both computers are sharing two printers off computer A.
    >
    >Lately both computers seems to lose the wireless connection, not
    >simultaneously but on separate occasions. Router seems OK.
    >
    >Yet we lose wireless too frequently to be random, and the only way to
    >restore the congestion is via REPAIR by right clicking on the connection
    >icon in the toolbar which shows a red x through it.
    >
    >Sometimes it is computer A and sometime it is computer B that loses the
    >wireless. As mentioned wireless is not lost simultaneously for both
    >computers.
    >
    >I use Avast Antivirus and Comodo firewall.
    >
    >Any thoughts?
    >
    >Curious
    >Robert

    Robert, Are you using one computer, when the other loses the connection? Are
    you moving either around? Do you use them both from the same, or different
    locations?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/1...-ethernet.html

    Any idea what the signal strength, and signal to noise ratio, is generally, and
    when you lose connection? Have you done a WiFi site survey?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...vironment.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: two notebook computers XP Home SP2, on both, wireless

    >Are you using one computer, when the other loses the connection? Are
    > you moving either around? Do you use them both from the same, or
    > different
    > locations?

    Answer: The issue occurs when either or both computers are on the wireless
    router.
    Both computers are in different rooms.

    Router is in same room with computer A. Computer B is host, computer A is
    on network.

    Use WEB encryption for both.

    Sometimes computer A drops off when computer B is in hibernation or turned
    off entirely, same for opposite situation.

    Any idea what the signal strength, and signal to noise ratio, is generally,
    and
    > when you lose connection? Have you done a WiFi site survey?

    Answer: Signal strength is almost always "excellent". STN ratio? Unknown at
    this time.

    Will research WiFi site survey.

    Thanks will report later,
    Robert

    "Chuck [MVP]" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:08:07 -0400, "Robert J. Lafayette"
    >
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Using a wireless router for 2 wireless connected computers, Webtel 527W.
    >>ADSL, hi speed line.
    >>Verizon is IP provider. It is their router.
    >>
    >>Both computers are sharing two printers off computer A.
    >>
    >>Lately both computers seems to lose the wireless connection, not
    >>simultaneously but on separate occasions. Router seems OK.
    >>
    >>Yet we lose wireless too frequently to be random, and the only way to
    >>restore the congestion is via REPAIR by right clicking on the connection
    >>icon in the toolbar which shows a red x through it.
    >>
    >>Sometimes it is computer A and sometime it is computer B that loses the
    >>wireless. As mentioned wireless is not lost simultaneously for both
    >>computers.
    >>
    >>I use Avast Antivirus and Comodo firewall.
    >>
    >>Any thoughts?
    >>
    >>Curious
    >>Robert

    > Robert, Are you using one computer, when the other loses the connection?
    > Are
    > you moving either around? Do you use them both from the same, or
    > different
    > locations?
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/1...-ethernet.html
    >
    > Any idea what the signal strength, and signal to noise ratio, is
    > generally, and
    > when you lose connection? Have you done a WiFi site survey?
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/0...vironment.html
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/