Sharing - Wireless

This is a discussion on Sharing - Wireless ; I have shared a folder on a machine running MS Windows XP SP2, initially granting 'read' to everyone and then granting full rights. When trying to copy from the share from a Virtual PC machine which runs MS Windows 2003 ...

  1. Sharing

    I have shared a folder on a machine running MS Windows XP SP2, initially
    granting 'read' to everyone and then granting full rights.

    When trying to copy from the share from a Virtual PC machine which runs MS
    Windows 2003 SP 2, on the same network, an error is being displayed saying
    that access is denied.

    The file cannot be executed directly from the share either.

    Any ideas, pls?

    Command screen from host machine
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    C:\Documents and Settings\user>cacls /?
    Displays or modifies access control lists (ACLs) of files

    CACLS filename [/T] [/E] [/C] [/G usererm] [/R user [...]]
    [/P usererm [...]] [/D user [...]]
    filename Displays ACLs.
    /T Changes ACLs of specified files in
    the current directory and all subdirectories.
    /E Edit ACL instead of replacing it.
    /C Continue on access denied errors.
    /G usererm Grant specified user access rights.
    Perm can be: R Read
    W Write
    C Change (write)
    F Full control
    /R user Revoke specified user's access rights (only valid with /E).
    /P usererm Replace specified user's access rights.
    Perm can be: N None
    R Read
    W Write
    C Change (write)
    F Full control
    /D user Deny specified user access.
    Wildcards can be used to specify more that one file in a command.
    You can specify more than one user in a command.

    Abbreviations:
    CI - Container Inherit.
    The ACE will be inherited by directories.
    OI - Object Inherit.
    The ACE will be inherited by files.
    IO - Inherit Only.
    The ACE does not apply to the current file/directory.

    C:\Documents and Settings\user>cd ..

    C:\Documents and Settings>cd user

    C:\Documents and Settings\user>cd downloads

    C:\Documents and Settings\user>dir
    Volume in drive C is Giorgio
    Volume Serial Number is A41F-9E39

    Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\user

    17/10/2007 22:44 .
    17/10/2007 22:44 ..
    22/07/2007 19:57 Contacts
    19/10/2007 00:16 Desktop
    11/10/2007 12:15 Favorites
    16/10/2007 00:00 My Documents
    26/09/2007 01:34 Start Menu
    0 File(s) 0 bytes
    7 Dir(s) 13,422,780,416 bytes free

    C:\Documents and Settings\user>cd my documents

    C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents>cacls downloads
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\downloads EveryoneOI)(CI)R
    ARMANI\user:F

    ARMANI\userOI)(CI)(IO)F

    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F
    NT
    AUTHORITY\SYSTEMOI)(C
    I)(IO)F
    BUILTIN\Administrators:F

    BUILTIN\AdministratorsOI
    )(CI)(IO)F

    C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents>

  2. Re: Sharing

    What do you receive if using net view \\windows2003serveripaddress? Or this
    troubleshooting may help,

    troubleshooting is not accessible errorWhen try to access a remote computer,
    you may receive the following error messages: "....is not accessible. You
    may not have permission to use this network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Troub...cessibale0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    .
    > 17/10/2007 22:44
    ..
    > 22/07/2007 19:57
    Contacts
    > 19/10/2007 00:16
    Desktop
    > 11/10/2007 12:15
    Favorites
    > 16/10/2007 00:00
    My Documents
    > 26/09/2007 01:34
    Start Menu
    > 0 File(s) 0 bytes
    > 7 Dir(s) 13,422,780,416 bytes free
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\user>cd my documents
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents>cacls downloads
    > C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\downloads EveryoneOI)(CI)R
    > ARMANI\user:F
    >
    > ARMANI\userOI)(CI)(IO)F
    >
    > NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F
    > NT
    > AUTHORITY\SYSTEMOI)(C
    > I)(IO)F
    >
    > BUILTIN\Administrators:F
    >
    > BUILTIN\AdministratorsOI
    > )(CI)(IO)F
    >

    > C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents>

+ Reply to Thread