Windows unable to locate a certificate... - Wireless

This is a discussion on Windows unable to locate a certificate... - Wireless ; Hi! I am trying to connect a second laptop to a wireless network, I am on XP Media center Edition (so I wasn't even sure which group to log this under), it's a d-link route and a scientific atlantica modem. ...

  1. Windows unable to locate a certificate...

    Hi!

    I am trying to connect a second laptop to a wireless network, I am on XP
    Media center Edition (so I wasn't even sure which group to log this under),
    it's a d-link route and a scientific atlantica modem. I can find the network
    as well as knowing the password (obviously). the problem is that everytime I
    try it, I get a message saying "Windows was unable to find a certificate to
    log you onto the network (Network name here)". I have contacted the ISP
    provider who directed me to D-Link technical support who gave me the
    suggestion to uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    network" but I had already tried that and it is unchecked and greyed out so I
    couldn't check it if I wanted to. Then they led me to Microsoft where I need
    a flash file kb885453, I requested that and was told that it is not
    compatible to the platform I picked but I have a 32 bit platform and that was
    not an option. I still don't have the HOTFIX nor do i have any solution.
    Ideas?

  2. RE: Windows unable to locate a certificate...

    "Krys" wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I am trying to connect a second laptop to a wireless network, I am on XP
    > Media center Edition (so I wasn't even sure which group to log this under),
    > it's a d-link route and a scientific atlantica modem. I can find the network
    > as well as knowing the password (obviously). the problem is that everytime I
    > try it, I get a message saying "Windows was unable to find a certificate to
    > log you onto the network (Network name here)". I have contacted the ISP
    > provider who directed me to D-Link technical support who gave me the
    > suggestion to uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    > network" but I had already tried that and it is unchecked and greyed out so I
    > couldn't check it if I wanted to. Then they led me to Microsoft where I need
    > a flash file kb885453, I requested that and was told that it is not
    > compatible to the platform I picked but I have a 32 bit platform and that was
    > not an option. I still don't have the HOTFIX nor do i have any solution.
    > Ideas?

  3. RE: Windows unable to locate a certificate...

    Sorry I can't help. I'm having the same problem with my netgear router. I
    have spent two solid days trying everything and reading tons of knowledge
    base articles nothing works. I would like an answer, too.

    "BD" wrote:

    > "Krys" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > >
    > > I am trying to connect a second laptop to a wireless network, I am on XP
    > > Media center Edition (so I wasn't even sure which group to log this under),
    > > it's a d-link route and a scientific atlantica modem. I can find the network
    > > as well as knowing the password (obviously). the problem is that everytime I
    > > try it, I get a message saying "Windows was unable to find a certificate to
    > > log you onto the network (Network name here)". I have contacted the ISP
    > > provider who directed me to D-Link technical support who gave me the
    > > suggestion to uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    > > network" but I had already tried that and it is unchecked and greyed out so I
    > > couldn't check it if I wanted to. Then they led me to Microsoft where I need
    > > a flash file kb885453, I requested that and was told that it is not
    > > compatible to the platform I picked but I have a 32 bit platform and that was
    > > not an option. I still don't have the HOTFIX nor do i have any solution.
    > > Ideas?

  4. RE: Windows unable to locate a certificate...

    I am using Windows XP and was having the same problem...until just now. I
    clicked on "set up a wireless network for a home or small office" and I just
    set up a new connection using the router's name and password depending on
    security settings. Hope this works for you.

    "Krys" wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I am trying to connect a second laptop to a wireless network, I am on XP
    > Media center Edition (so I wasn't even sure which group to log this under),
    > it's a d-link route and a scientific atlantica modem. I can find the network
    > as well as knowing the password (obviously). the problem is that everytime I
    > try it, I get a message saying "Windows was unable to find a certificate to
    > log you onto the network (Network name here)". I have contacted the ISP
    > provider who directed me to D-Link technical support who gave me the
    > suggestion to uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this
    > network" but I had already tried that and it is unchecked and greyed out so I
    > couldn't check it if I wanted to. Then they led me to Microsoft where I need
    > a flash file kb885453, I requested that and was told that it is not
    > compatible to the platform I picked but I have a 32 bit platform and that was
    > not an option. I still don't have the HOTFIX nor do i have any solution.
    > Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread