Ad Hoc in Windows Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on Ad Hoc in Windows Vista - Wireless ; I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it ...

  1. Ad Hoc in Windows Vista

    I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad
    hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my
    surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it from my
    machine. I am hosting the AD HOC. Any help would be great

  2. Re: Ad Hoc in Windows Vista

    I have not heard of that before,...but maybe if you connect to some other
    network first so the Ad Hoc one is not the active one,...then you might be
    able to delete it.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    "DarwinLabs" wrote in message
    >I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad
    > hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my
    > surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it from
    > my
    > machine. I am hosting the AD HOC. Any help would be great

  3. Re: Ad Hoc in Windows Vista

    Hi
    I am not sure what you mean by remove.
    If you do not want AD-Hoc setting, reconfigure to Infrastructure.
    If you do not want the Wireless at all, Disable the card in the Device
    Manager, or switch it off if your computer has a physical switch for the
    Wireless.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DarwinLabs" wrote in message
    >I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad
    > hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my
    > surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it from
    > my
    > machine. I am hosting the AD HOC. Any help would be great

  4. Re: Ad Hoc in Windows Vista

    I'm having this same problem and it's annoying.
    Create an ad hoc connection, then try to get rid of it from your Connect to
    a network list. Sure, you don't have to connect to it, but in my situation
    -- I want to create a new ad hoc network with the same name/different
    password because I lot the password -- can't do it.

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > I am not sure what you mean by remove.
    > If you do not want AD-Hoc setting, reconfigure to Infrastructure.
    > If you do not want the Wireless at all, Disable the card in the Device
    > Manager, or switch it off if your computer has a physical switch for the
    > Wireless.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "DarwinLabs" wrote in message
    > >I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad
    > > hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my
    > > surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it from
    > > my
    > > machine. I am hosting the AD HOC. Any help would be great

  5. RE: Ad Hoc in Windows Vista

    The reason they are on your list of connections is because you have profiles
    associated with those connections. Since they are ad-hoc oviously they are on
    your list.

    This is what you need to do in order to remove connections that don't need
    to be on that list.

    Click on Start
    Click on Control Panel
    In Control Panel double click on "Network and Sharing Center"
    In Network and Sharing center look at the list on the left.
    On the left it should say "Task"
    The list should say:

    View computers and devices
    Connect to a network
    Manage wireless networks
    Set up a connection or network
    Manage Network connections
    Diagnose and repair

    click or double click on "Manage wireless networks"
    once in there, click on the profiles you want removed and click on the
    remove button.

    "DarwinLabs" wrote:

    > I recently installed Windows Vista Business onto my laptop. I created an ad
    > hoc wireless connection, I am no longer using the connection, but to my
    > surpise I can't remove it. It is staying active. How can I remove it from my
    > machine. I am hosting the AD HOC. Any help would be great

+ Reply to Thread