Windows badmem - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows badmem - Windows NT ; Is there any way to work around bad memory spots in Windows by not using them? There is a way for Linux [1] but I don't know of any for Windows. The problem is at about 760 MB and I ...

  1. Windows badmem

    Is there any way to work around bad memory spots in Windows by not using
    them? There is a way for Linux [1] but I don't know of any for Windows.

    The problem is at about 760 MB and I have only one Gigabyte, a solution
    that simply disables all memory higher than this point would be okay.

    -Erik

    [1]

    --
    hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR

  2. Re: Windows badmem

    According to my notes there is a Boot.ini switch:
    /maxmem=nn nn = maximum memory in MB that WinNT will use
    It works with WinNT; I have not tried it with WinXP

    Erik Hahn wrote:

    > Is there any way to work around bad memory spots in Windows by not using
    > them? There is a way for Linux [1] but I don't know of any for Windows.
    >
    > The problem is at about 760 MB and I have only one Gigabyte, a solution
    > that simply disables all memory higher than this point would be okay.
    >
    > -Erik
    >
    > [1]
    >
    > --
    > hackerkey://v4sw5hw2ln3pr5ck0ma2u7LwXm4l7Gi2e2t4b7Ken4/7a16s0r1p-5.62/-6.56g5OR

    --
    Mike Walsh

  3. Re: Windows badmem

    Mike Walsh wrote:

    > According to my notes there is a Boot.ini switch:
    > /maxmem=nn nn = maximum memory in MB that WinNT will use
    > It works with WinNT; I have not tried it with WinXP

    It works on WinXP Home SP3 with 512 MB memory using /maxmem=450

    --
    Mike Walsh

+ Reply to Thread